Raleigh Dynatech MT4

Just finished the MT4 now - changed the black Mavic 316 (which was a bit scuffed up) for a mint NOS Mavic 316 headset in brushed metal finish.
The final touches were the Pace RC30 Mk I forks.
I ordered some 531 fork decals from Reynolds and applied two (one on each fork side).

It's so nice I can't get myself to ride it - it'll get dirty! :p

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

That's bloody lovely, the rc30's look great

A very minor point, but putting one gear cable each side of the head tube would be somewhat nicer routing :)

MikeD":205w6s4i said:
A very minor point, but putting one gear cable each side of the head tube would be somewhat nicer routing :)

Good point! I keep forgetting to do that. Thanks

MT4

Wow, those forks really transform that lovely frame. almost wish I'd kept them now!
Not sure on those new fangle pointy brake arm things above each wheel though ;) poor canti hanger is feeling unloved on the rear stays :(

Re: MT4

Wold Ranger":1f1bxufx said:
Wow, those forks really transform that lovely frame. almost wish I'd kept them now!
Not sure on those new fangle pointy brake arm things above each wheel though ;) poor canti hanger is feeling unloved on the rear stays :(

Your forks are superb! Thanks!
So you reckon canti's instead of the Avid V's?

Re: MT4

ibbz":2mtcf08b said:
Wold Ranger":2mtcf08b said:

Your forks are superb! Thanks!
So you reckon canti's instead of the Avid V's?

All the way! I always think Vees' look really awful on a bike of the early period with Canti hanger. A nice set of Canti's will work just as well as Vee's and often lighter. Even if you opt for modern Canti's. A nice Black set of lightweight Canti's would look the Mutt's. Avid levers with the speed dial adjustment work ok with Canti's also, as you can dial the throw back.

Back