Drugs

unfortunately i dabbled aplenty and know many involved with drugs, both sides and in my opinion we're way to relaxed, make the laws harsher and give proper sentences etc alcohol can be just as bad, if not worse at times as well imho

but then i agree with the death penalty as well ;)

:D

I do think they need to be legalised but even if you do that someone with criminal intent will find a new drug to supply and even Holland has some rules.

Of course many will still grow it illegally because they don't want to pay tax on it and some..well some just don't want to do what "the man says"

Also generational differences.. back in the day we had less mental health issues with teens as they actually left their bedrooms before computers and learnt the tough lessons of life and we are stronger for it.

Todays kids are featherweights and it can only be seen as a rise in internet seclusion so something like cannabis whilst touted as safe, has played a large part in youth mental health issues where those kids have used it. It is and has never been as safe as some make out.

the tabacco and alcohol argument then..always a handy screen for those in favour but it does fall into two wrongs do not make a right

Have I tried? you name it and I have and had some favourites but I was mentally strong enough to know when to say no more, most users are not

legalising drugs will not prevent the creation of junkies.
it will just make it easier to gain access to drugs.
although it will take the risk of users buying drugs cut with all manner of horrific substances.
and it will not stop ruthless dealers peddling their foul wares.
drug use for recreation is ok in moderation, but there is a high risk of addiction with any drug.
cigarettes & alcohol are a prime example of legal drugs which are acceptable in society.
i am in favour of us all having a choice.
but after my early years tainted with all manner of substances.
the most logical choice for me is avoid unprescribed drugs.
DRUGS R 4 MUGS.

Knowing the (measurable) strength of your heroin would help things a lot.

But you have to look at the root cause of why people take drugs.

I deal with a lot of people through my volunteer work who are ' bombed out ' mentally after drug use.

I still think alcohol should be debated more, as some people pick up their 1st bottle never knowing if they are prown to being addicted to the stuff....a bit like russian roulette for some poor souls.

sylus":55cvkot5 said:
Todays kids are featherweights and it can only be seen as a rise in internet seclusion so something like cannabis whilst touted as safe, has played a large part in youth mental health issues where those kids have used it. It is and has never been as safe as some make out.

I'm not sure its about kids being featherweights, its more about lack of awareness and education. Cannabis is completely different to what it was 30 years ago. The farming of cannabis has evolved dramatically, mainly because demand outstrips supply. Hence the use of hydroponics with high intensity fertilizers and forced flowering to create the new super cannabis, skunk. Skunk plants have significant traces of heavy metals (arsenic, cadmium, and lead) from the uptake of the fertilizer which is directly linked to mental heath issues. Kids aren't smoking weed anymore, they're smoking a manufactured chemical cocktail.

The whole problem with any drug is that 90% of users don't know the source. Did the grower add 3 drops of fertilizer to a gallon of water, or 10 in the hope of an even bigger yield? To just brand it illegal is burying the head in the sand, especially when its available in every town and city in the country. One of our featherweight politicians needs to man up and face what has the potential to become a huge mental heath crisis.

videojetman":1jatr82a said:
DRUGS R 4 MUGS.

I agree, after my share of experimentation and a hopefully older and wiser head that DRUGS R 4 MUGS.

Unfortunately, we have more addicts who are addicted to prescription drugs.

videojetman":37k8jxk7 said:
legalising drugs will not prevent the creation of junkies.
it will just make it easier to gain access to drugs.
although it will take the risk of users buying drugs cut with all manner of horrific substances.
and it will not stop ruthless dealers peddling their foul wares.
drug use for recreation is ok in moderation, but there is a high risk of addiction with any drug.
cigarettes & alcohol are a prime example of legal drugs which are acceptable in society.
i am in favour of us all having a choice.
but after my early years tainted with all manner of substances.
DRUGS R 4 MUGS.

Pretty much disagree with most of that, drugs are for mugs ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10w3FuCwfQ

hmmm prescribed drugs fucked up and eventually killed my old man so they are no safer....
The main reason cigarettes and alcohol are legal is because to actually produce the product is relatively difficult, who actually makes elderflower wine anymore and you can only brow tobacco with a licence, it doesn't grow well in the uk or europe anyway. These reasons make it easy for the government to make revenue out of them. Difference with with heroin and cannabis, opiuim poppies will grow well on most impoverished soils and the extraction of opium is very easy, to make heroin is quite simple and cannabis will grow anywhere, as such it will be very difficult regulate these substances. Cocaine is a different matter, only grow well in certain places and extraction is quite complex. The amount of cocaine imported into the uk has not really changed for the last 15 years but the number of users has exploded, coke is being cut with all sorts of unadvisable shite.
The image of smackheads that is portrayed by the media is woefully wrong, when I lived on site around Brighton we had BMWs Jags and Audis lined up along the road in the mornings which belonged to smackheads with great lives and great jobs who needed a couple of hits to get through the day.
I am not advocating drug use in anyway but neither am I condeming it as far as I see it someone who needs to have a couple of beers or glasses of wine after work just so they can relax is no better than someone who has to have a bit of smack after a hectic day.
Cigarettes are absolute hell to give up, I stopped smoking cannabis and doing anything that was put in front of me with ease but I've never managed to kick fags, I quit for 3 1/2 years but in all that time the going was incredibly tough and when I moved to france started again (everyone smokes here, I know nobody who doesn't).

Back