Project British Eagle Shadow fixie

dazling69

Retro Newbie
I have finally got round to sorting out my British Eagle Shadow Reynolds 531 bike. I had done thousand of miles on it and it was wearing out and looking rather rusty in places. So a stripdown of components and paint showed the frame was only suffering from surface rust so I set about getting it back to a glory.

Attachments

• mos_shadow1.JPG
    mos_shadow1.JPG
    175.2 KB · Views: 849
So after a shot blasting and powder coating, I changed a black classic into a lean green machine. I am currently working on doing replica decals but this is a proof of concept to see if I can convert to a fixie.

Attachments

• mos_fixie shadow.JPG
    mos_fixie shadow.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 845
Fixie off road riding is my very experience is quite scary. I havent got use to the lack of back pedal yet. I think the trick is to plan the trail in front and be mindful of any tree stumps that the pedal might it.
But on the road it is fine, the only thing that was weird is starting off and the pedal was in the wrong position and you can't pull the pedal around backwards. But after a couple of rides you soon get use to it. The other weird thing is riding backwards, I'm sure it will look cool when i have mastered it! :D

Back