Lights - upgrade Lumicycle vs Chinese Cree XML vs ?

John,

Would you be able to chuck a link/picture up to the RC charger you have. I have the same ebay light as you've just ordered, and I'd like a proper charger rather than the flimsy thing that comes with it

ta

BobCatMax":3auua76x said:
John,

Would you be able to chuck a link/picture up to the RC charger you have. I have the same ebay light as you've just ordered, and I'd like a proper charger rather than the flimsy thing that comes with it

ta

Bob,

I have the turnigy accucel 6 > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-RC-Ca ... 1027135949 . Apparently it should charge these LiIons ok, obv not tried it yet. You need a PSU for it, also might get it cheaper from HK.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
BobCatMax":3ive2gc1 said:
John,

ta

Oddly on the inside it's a standard electronic transformer, that's why they are flimsy. It's a modified USB charging circuit board with neat soldering and well finished. Quite surprised really. The code leads to Singapore Batteries.

Which seems a sensible idea given the current and voltage on USB chargers are for Li-On batteries (rapid charge at 1A)

I had written the details of it, but as I was typing We had a 2 hour power cut in the area... shush, don't tell them I plugged this PSU in ;)

AS for the battery setup, it doesn't look waterproof and I've not pulled the covers off.

I'm really impressed with the light from LGF's suggestion, but how/what should be done for waterproofing these? I considered sealing the battery in a balloon/johnny but do I need be concerned about gas/heat buildup? And what about the charging connector?

gavinda":1ywp1itm said:
I'm really impressed with the light from LGF's suggestion, but how/what should be done for waterproofing these? I considered sealing the battery in a balloon/johnny but do I need be concerned about gas/heat buildup? And what about the charging connector?

I think both the lights with the rusted batteries on the other thread had been waterproofed by the owners so not sure thats a good idea.

i've not seen those. i'm confident i could seal them sufficiently, but was more concerned about gas buildup or is that an old battery issue?

ah, i see what you mean.. maybe ill just get a waterproof 'tribag' and chuck the pack in there instead.

Latest posts

Back