1990 Bontrager 650B Drop bar

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
Put this on VRC as well.

ided on this cloudy Seattle day to do something a little different.
I bought the Bonty about 2 months ago because I wanted the fork for my American Comp lite but I did not have the heart to separate the 2.
After building it with a black XT kit(which now will go on the American) I decided to do something different.
The 650b wheelset I have had for over a year and were built for a project that got shelved so.......the Grey Ghost was born today.
WTB Drops, Cook cranks, Paul Moto-lites(like the clearence?), King no-logo and Superbee levers.
I am going to a local trail later today so I will let you know the ride tomorrow.

Attachments

• _MG_2570_2_1.JPG
    _MG_2570_2_1.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,193
  • _MG_2575_2_1.JPG
    _MG_2575_2_1.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 2,191
  • _MG_2573_2_1.JPG
    _MG_2573_2_1.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,193
  • _MG_2571_2_1.JPG
    _MG_2571_2_1.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,195
That looks really nice. A very clean uncluttered look. I see what you mean about the clearance on the brakes - hope your trail doesn't have much sticky mud!

I'm a sucker for a bike with drops and this is no exception. I like it's utilitarian look that belies the nice components used - tasty stuff! :D

Stealthy- a graet looking bike. You have converted a couple of 26" bikes to 650b, can you make any generalisations to how it changes the handling?

GearlessinSeattle":2tegr67p said:
I am going to a local trail later today so I will let you know the ride tomorrow.

...and? How does it ride?

That IS some pretty tight tire clearance. I hope the trail wasn't too muddy.

Really like that :cool: I reckon with a bit of ingenuity, if the brakes were a problem you could fashion some sort of bodge.

Back