Crank Removal - help meeeeeeee

Unless you're going to scrap the cranks, don't use hammers or ride them with the bolts undone.

Use the correct tool, and don't forget to remove the washer if there is one.

Thanks for the advice, a quick visit to YouTube and CRC and i think i can manage to do the job - we will see.

Thanks to all for the advice.

On a last point, the bike was stripped before i got to this problem - so riding it to loosen the cranks was not really an option without a seat, chain, handlebars etc. but i will remember next time!

TGR":5x5pzgoz said:
On a last point, the bike was stripped before i got to this problem - so riding it to loosen the cranks was not really an option without a seat, chain, handlebars etc. but i will remember next time!

You can always try it :LOL: Though make sure someone is filming yer' and send it in th You've Been Framed! Then ask for £250 ;)

Hmmm, perhaps i could use the money for a new frame? Or to pay my medical bills, lol

Maybe worth plugging hole where crank bolts go into, laying bike on side and getting a good waz of penetrating fluid in there and let it soak in whilst bike on side for a day or two first?

Hi there still not sure what cranks they are, just to repeat do not, I repeat do not ride a bike without the crank nuts on to loosen as even minor movement will destroy your taper on your cranks, might not be noticable until you tighten it then an overtightened crank can develop cracks or just keeps coming loose. You can overtighen cranks too remember

Back