Romax or Thunderbolt?

Normally I would choose a Brodie over a Rocky Mountain, but I don't know what the exact features of both these pre 90s models are. Maybe more people face that and maybe that explains the low number opinions. Show us something and provide us some additional details so we are able to make this though decission.

Thanks for the links RR.
I just noticed G. put a Norco seat post on the Thunderbolt.
I love the paint on Tony's Romax.

Bassed on pure aesthetics of the 2 bikes alone, I would go for the Thunderbolt. The Brodie seems a little bit "prototype" to me, in its sloping toptube but retaining its long headtube design.... that and the fillet brazing on the Rocky is lush!

Normally I would favour a Brodie however

G

unkleGsif":1z3r44cw said:
Bassed on pure aesthetics of the 2 bikes alone, I would go for the Thunderbolt. The Brodie seems a little bit "prototype" to me, in its sloping toptube but retaining its long headtube design.... that and the fillet brazing on the Rocky is lush!

Normally I would favour a Brodie however

G
Quite a few years between the one posted though and that's why we need pictures of the bikes in question in the original post :D <hint hint>

1992/3 ish (unfortunalty stolen :( )
693957d1336156519-rocky-mountain-thunderbolt-img_4615.jpg

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 64433.html

IM002860.JPG

DeeEights
thunderbolt1.jpg

http://yoda.densan.ca/kmr/thunder.html

Brodie by a landslide.

Paul is basically a demigod. The brand didn't really survive and get bought out the way RM did. In terms of vintage heritage, small scale, rarity, and quintessential Canadian-ness, Brodie all the way.

i prefer Romax...... :cool:

with gator blade

Attachments

• Romax.jpg
    Romax.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 1,074
  • romax2 005.jpg
    romax2 005.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 1,069
  • BrodieRomax01.jpg
    BrodieRomax01.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,069
Enough with all the Romax pictures, it's not right to think the things I'm thinking - not about a bike anyway!

Back