''War on Britains Roads''

I agree sometimes it is absolutely necessary, but only when it is absolutely necessary, you quite often see people getting a little over eager to defend their position on the road.

Trouble is though it's better to be over defensive and live rather than compliant and dead.

In cars you scrape paint and break bumpers, on bikes you go under wheels and die.

Which would you rather?

(And the first person who says they would rather me go under the wheels gets a slap! :LOL: )

Worst bit for me was that IT tit that rode up the middle of the lane just to get in the way. No wonder some of the drivers get a little upset.

Add to this the droid bloke who complained when he nearly got hit even though he was going up the middle of two lanes, both of which were left turns.

I'd like to bet that chap that got smacked in the mouth didn't just give the car a light tap as well. When I was younger I used to go out with some roadies and have seen them give cars a right smack if they got too close.

Good and bad on both sides but some of the goons they rolled out to put the cyclists side across only made things worse imo.

brocklanders023":lxaav3oz said:
Worst bit for me was that IT tit that rode up the middle of the lane just to get in the way. No wonder some of the drivers get a little upset.

Add to this the droid bloke who complained when he nearly got hit even though he was going up the middle of two lanes, both of which were left turns.

I'd like to bet that chap that got smacked in the mouth didn't just give the car a light tap as well. When I was younger I used to go out with some roadies and have seen them give cars a right smack if they got too close.

Good and bad on both sides but some of the goons they rolled out to put the cyclists side across only made things worse imo.

I cannot see why people get wound up by a tap on the car, it warns the car driver you are there and they are too close.
Cars are metal and can take it, I know mine can.

SOme people are very possesive of their car to the point of paranoia, I can understand it as apart from your house it is often the most expensive possesion you have.

It's a bit like knocking a bike over, it's metal and can take it but would you want yours knocked over?

I enjoyed the programme, and agree that most didn't come out with any credit. I had seen most of the clips on Youtube too.

It won't do anything, but hopefully it showed both groups that they can improve.

I'm thinking of getting a little girls bike now, and spray it white in memory of my sister who was killed while cycling in Holland in 86, and take it to the spot she was killed. Might do it next November on the anniversary.

SNAKEBITER":1nv9n2nh said:
SOme people are very possesive of their car to the point of paranoia, I can understand it as apart from your house it is often the most expensive possesion you have.

It's a bit like knocking a bike over, it's metal and can take it but would you want yours knocked over?

Honestly wouldn't bother me. If I was possessive about them I wouldn't be riding or driving it on the roads. I would expect it to get scratches and scrapes on them.

I was at one point amused that the cycle cop seperating the taxi driver from the cyclist didn't seem to notice the cyclists fixie was somewhat lacking in the brakes department or at least i didn't note any cables coming from the bars or levers on the bars, a clear law violation and suicide in central London :roll:

brocklanders023":1qviuwd9 said:
Agreed Fluffy but I've seen people give far more then a light tap and that's my point.

It will sound alot worse than it is when you are in the car too.

Back