British Steel

Smart Tarts...

Hi i have posted a reply on another thread on this forum about my bikes but i noticed someone on here said they had a friend who had had one from new. Would love to know where/how they all are now....seems one was for sale on ebay a while ago but the listing has gone now. That would have been interesting.

Again if anyone has any queries i may be able to helo with please get in touch...be great to see where they are!

Debs (Bennett as was........Smart Tart Cycles...)

Re: Smart Tarts...

smartartcycles":1tbb49nq said:
Hi i have posted a reply on another thread on this forum about my bikes but i noticed someone on here said they had a friend who had had one from new. Would love to know where/how they all are now....seems one was for sale on ebay a while ago but the listing has gone now. That would have been interesting.

Again if anyone has any queries i may be able to helo with please get in touch...be great to see where they are!

Debs (Bennett as was........Smart Tart Cycles...)

Debs.

Welcome to the RetroBike, and thank you for taking the time to post.

If you have any pics of your bikes, or team mates racing, or indeed any info on your racing, and Smart Tart days you would like to share, feel free to post here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Can you tell us about Smart Tart, and how it came to be....? What is your Fondest memory from Bitd..?

Respect.

Carl.

Hi Debs,

Welcome to the forum. It's great to have a pioneer of the British ladies MTB scene such as yourself on Retrobike.

I would like to itterate what Sinnerman has said as it would be brilliant if you could post up some pictures of your/the bikes and tell us your favourite stories of those days. It would be great to hear about how Smart Tarts first started and what it was like back in the day.

Are you still in touch with the other members of Smart Tarts Cycles?

G

My Orbit 531 (almost) finished at last:

Dqsglh.jpg

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 87#1746787

This months Privateer magazine saw a great article on the now... late great Beastway Mountain Bike Race series.

A great read for those that have not read it, i couldnt help but scan and add the Photo of Dave Hemmings riding for Mbuk in this race series, on board his chosen steel horse, the Roberts White Spider.

Attachments

• Dave Hemming, team MBUK CHAS ROBERTS WHITE SPIDER.jpg
    Dave Hemming, team MBUK CHAS ROBERTS WHITE SPIDER.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,157
Chas Roberts, Uk custom frame builder of the year.

:cool:

Attachments

• 1992 BEST BRITISH CUSTOM FRAMEBUILDER AWARDED TO CHAS ROBERTS..jpg
    1992 BEST BRITISH CUSTOM FRAMEBUILDER AWARDED TO CHAS ROBERTS..jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 1,032
Some sexy builds due in for 2013 me thinks..... :LOL:

Attachments

• A VERY SPECIAL DAVE YATES..jpg
    A VERY SPECIAL DAVE YATES..jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 986
Back