''War on Britains Roads''

ernie":2cx4tihn said:
Charlieboy28":2cx4tihn said:
apart from the title, i actually think it was rather a well balanced documentary

+1. This is an ongoing work in progress.. Good and bad in all.. We really need to work together as drivers and riders.. ;)

Ernie ;)

+2

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
i thought it was well balanced but oh! some of those "cyclists" were knobs of the highest order, the guy punching the guy on the bike is just as likely to do that to someone in a pub, hes "that type". your never going to win against people like that so just stay clear. you may be morally right but many have died defending their right of passage.
ghost bikes ive heard of but just thought they were a metaphor so that was a bit of a thought provoker. i liked traffic droid he was insane but the couriers doing their alley cat races :shock:

Awkward Kid":3ajt0us3 said:
ernie":3ajt0us3 said:
Charlieboy28":3ajt0us3 said:
apart from the title, i actually think it was rather a well balanced documentary

+1. This is an ongoing work in progress.. Good and bad in all.. We really need to work together as drivers and riders.. ;)

Ernie ;)

+2

+3.......several people came across in a negative light, we all understand how we should behave, what course of action will lead to antagonism and fights, and what behaviour leads to respect on the roads.....every element of society has good and bad within, we were watching the few there i felt.....the couriers were a disgrace, no hemets!....no wonder non cyclists think were all idiots......the guy riding down the inside of the left turning lorry too!......darwinism will eradicate that by 2050!....... :shock:

.....and that guy who got squeezed by the bus!..... :shock: ....i involunarily laughed at that!......what a tw@t!.....

The bike/pedestrian collision was a nasty one. Both were in the wrong though, pedestrian should have looked, cyclist should have warned of his presence.
Nearly got wiped off the earth by a Range Rover once, still gives me a shudder like Traffic Droids bad memory.
He who lives by the sword dies by the sword, thus we need to tread a careful path both bike and car.
Thought the program well balanced but the couriers alley catting need arrested :shock:

I've said it before and got flamed - if you don't want to get punched in the face by a thug, don't bang on the side of their vehicle!!! That self righteous twat who nearly got thumped by the taxi driver really didn't do any cyclists any favours.
Travelling in London (where I assume most if not all of the doc was filmed) is a bloody nightmare whatever form of transport you decide to use. As the taxi driver said " you need eyes in your ****!" If you are on a bike in town you are the most vulnerable person there, people should concentrate on riding accordingly, not preaching the highway code to someone who doesn't care.
Personally I don't agree with the whole defensive riding in the middle of the road stance - all it does is antagonise other road users no matter how right or wrong you are to do so.
When I ride on the road, I assume no one can see me and that every driver is an idiot, it's worked so far.
It was a fairly well balanced programme although I do think the main points made were
1. Cyclists can be complete twats, almost as much as car drivers.
2. Cyclists are very vulnerable.
3. It's a bloody nightmare out there.

When I was a bit younger and more foolish I had a car pull out on me, I swerved but clipped the back but he drove off.

I chased him down and put my bike through his back window.

Not big, not clever but he got the point.

(Good job he didn't drive off again with the bike in the car, I would have been really screwed then).

After that incident I did calm down a bit as I realised I was going to get into trouble otherwise, but by God it really boils my piss sometimes.

rosstheboss":nbq3m9l9 said:
Personally I don't agree with the whole defensive riding in the middle of the road stance - all it does is antagonise other road users no matter how right or wrong you are to do so.

Sometimes it's necassary whether it atagonises other road users or not. Approaching junctions, roundabouts, passing parked cars, narrow sections of roads with oncoming traffic etc. What would you suggest in those situations?

JamesM":384jgya6 said:
rosstheboss":384jgya6 said:

Sometimes it's necassary whether it atagonises other road users or not. Approaching junctions, roundabouts, passing parked cars, narrow sections of roads with oncoming traffic etc. What would you suggest in those situations?

Agreed.

I would rather hold a driver up for all of 5, maybe 10 seconds and be alive than be dead but happy in the knowledge he was not delayed at all.

Back