1993 Saracen Race Elite

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I've wanted an E-stay Saracen for a long time and this popped up on Ebay reasonably locally and the seller accepted my offer so here it is.
If I'm right the 93 Race Elite used the left over 92 Kili frames but was specced with a cheap groupset, this had mainly Altus A20 parts.

The only original bits left are the frame, forks, Zoom stem and Ritchey Logic headset.

I was going to put M735 mechs etc on it but Fluffychicken had some M900 bits that he wanted to see used so it seemed rude not to (thanks Ben).

Frame: Saracen Race Elite

Fork: Original Saracen

Headset: Ritchey Logic
Stem: Zoom
Handlebar: Ritchey Forcelite
Barends: X-Lite Stubbie

Brakes: Avid SD5
Brake Pads: Clarks cartridge
Brake Cables: Jagwire
Brake Levers: Xt M739

Shifters: Dx Thumbies
Front Derailleur: Xtr M900
Rear Derailleur: Xtr M900
Derailleur Cables: Jagwire
Cassette: Hg51 8 Speed
Chain: Shimano
Cranks: Xtr M900
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: M900 & Specialized
Chainring bolts: Standard Shimano
Bottom Bracket: FSA
Pedals: Coda

Hub Skewers: Halo Hex
Rims: Araya TM-18
Hubs: Lx M565
Tyres: Scwalbe Rocket Ron

Saddle: Avocet O2
Seatpost: Push (Ritchey Style)
Seatpost Binder: Kalloy Uno

Weight:26.5lbs

PC050190.jpg

PC050185.jpg

PC050186.jpg

PC050184.jpg

PC050187.jpg

PC050188.jpg

What a gorgeous bike! there's something so visually appealing about Saracen E-Stays (well, all E-Stays in fact :)). I'd love to strike a deal on one myself. Enjoy it in good health :cool:

There appears to be some sort of new fangled braking system on there - pray tell, what is that system you are using??

Snap
Mine has zoom stem. Various xtr bits and rocket rons. I have the graphite tyres which match the xtr colours.
I only recently joined the forum and am surprised to see how many of these keep appearing.
They ride lovely but have scars up and down my leg from that middle cable guide on the top tube.
Rich

Back