CATALOG BIKES

CATALOGUE BIKES

the main tubes are fatter on the al carter and the welding was poor on them, the things iv changed on the bike are the wheels as they was wrecked, the forks, headset, seat, cantilevers and gear shifters, it was a shimano exage equipped bike and probably the best they ever did, it not too heavy i will get it on scales tomorrow, whats classed as heavy ?.
i did this bike as i liked the frame shape with its nice flat top tube and the rear triangle being out of line with the top tube, also i could use the parts i had out of the garage and i could paint it what colour i want, and Ultimately to make it as good as i could with what i had, i wont put decals on it as i want to shock people when they ask what it used to be lol :shock:

CATALOGUE BIKES

30 pounds is nothing if you only weigh 11 stone as i do, 1 stone is 14 pounds, so if i weighed 12 stone i would have the extra 14 pound plus the bike, my point being is if your really bothered about weight rather than trying to shed pounds off a bike your often better losing the weight your self for a better power to weight ratio. its the look of these old bikes i like,
no lightweight snobbery here.

pink white fade

im all for originality, but the paint job never did it any favors, if i bought a brown e type, i would paint it . :shock:

Re: pink white fade

wontchuckanut":1vq631ah said:
im all for originality, but the paint job never did it any favors, if i bought a brown e type, i would paint it . :shock:
I'd agree with the brown e type bit , I've got to say I think the pink fade paintjob looked good though (I've probably got no taste ).

Latest posts

Back