Rediscovering old albums

Re: ...

ratbane":cc97x5x7 said:
Steve Marriot - THE most awesome vocalist. Great album too. Did you know Spike Milligan refused to do the narrated pieces. I can listen to Happy days Toytown on repeat - SO 1960s.

All your choices are great BTW.

Cheers :) Life is just a bowl of All-Bran........

I didn't know about Spike refusing, I'm glad he did though, Stanley Unwin is a legend. I can remember as a kid listening really hard to try and understand what he was saying :) there was more chance of understanding The Clangers :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RRv35Ig2mg

Ahhhhh the pidey pipeload of hamling.....

longun":3apzddz6 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojFhCKFHWhs&list=AL94UKMTqg-9Dk-HR-XXeaICpsCmwXihpJ&index=3&feature=plcp

buffalo tom, beautiful, never heard before now :shock:

dammit im nearly crying. this soundtracked a painfull relationship and breakup when i was but 17. :cry:

but **** me its a great song.....

id say start with the big red letter day album.

shit ima have to go shopping AGAIN.

on the 90's thing, any love to lemonheads/ evan dando. aside from the mnrs robinson thing, he was marvelous

Just bought Thunder - "Back Street Symphony" after listening to an old cassette of it and loving it!

And another replacement for the 3-400 CD's I had stolen when I was a student - Dire Straits - "Communique"..... now on repeat in the car - makes for a relaxing commute...... brilliant music (last DS CD I had to re-buy..)

Senser - "Stacked Up"....well that needs no introduction!

im lucky enough in one of my jobs to have a c d player and speakers so i can listen while i work.

i grab 10 cd's from the rack and listen to them from start to finish. took me 18 months but listened to around 300 albums and singles. great fun :D

RustyGold":1xlppiw5 said:
kaiser":1xlppiw5 said:
I like the KLF and I remember seeing the Shaman in a record shop in Glasgow before they became dancey :) EMF.............I'm saying nuthin :LOL:

Ah, Yes. I have recently rediscovered one of my favourite albums from way back when. I consider it the magnum opus of the ambient dance genre; KLF's Chill Out

Not to mention the sheep remind me of home ;).

i had chill out on vinyl, loved it. but left it too near a heater one day :( now the needle gets air. i bought the cd with space included and used to go to sleep to it every night, i also still have a shaman collectors vinyl in the loft :D

Back