Who needs FS?

With a decent set of forks upfront, you just adopt an aggressive stance and let the forks soak it all up.

Totally different mindset than a full susser.

You are becoming an active part of the bikes geometry, not just a counter weight.

That makes no sense, but I am on my fourth bottle of Leffe.

Tesco please put the price back up to normal, I have a lot of things on hold.

kaiser":2j7cwjj0 said:
Personally it seems I prefer a hardtail, rigid and full sus have their place but the hardtail for me is the most practical tool for most jobs. I like rigid because its maintenance free and adds a bit of challenge and I like full sus because if the ride goes long or is hard I will most certainly finish fresher. Next year I'm going to ride in Italy for a week on some fairly gnarly stuff, I won't be taking my long travel hardtail and will be looking for a full sus.

That!

If you are wanting to be ready for anything, there is no other choice!

longun":3mi3mdd1 said:
totally agree, but you dont "need" full suspension, you ride to the bikes limits

But an 8" travel DH bike has limits beyond that of a 5" travel hardtail. So some riders might need the DH bike on some courses because they simply haven't got the skills to ride it on the hardtail. Also sometimes going slower simply isn't an option, steep slippery stuff for example. There has to be a point for everyone where they need full sus even if that point is riding off the top of a multistorey car park!!! :LOL:

Excellent point.

I remember once, when all this long travel nonsense started, seeing a lad on one such machine in a coastal town miles from anything gnarly.

Giggling I was, until I watched him ride straight off an eight foot drop.

Landed sat in seat.

Wow.

highlandsflyer":3es9wjhd said:
Excellent point.

I remember once, when all this long travel nonsense started, seeing a lad on one such machine in a coastal town miles from anything gnarly.

Landed sat in seat.

Wow.

Full sus has much less unsprung weight than a hardtail. I reckon the unsprung weight on a hardtail includes most of the bike and a good proportion of the riders legs too.

highlandsflyer":3kfpqozz said:
Excellent point.

Landed sat in seat.

Wow.

but weve been doing that on bmx for years lol

Back