1990/91 Bottechia SLX

I was just panicking and wondering how I'm going to afford it and what wil the wife say when I realised this isn't in the For Sale section. Thank God for that...

Absolutely stunning bike, I wouldn't change a thing on that.

Ian Raleigh":1z3jovxa said:
Very nice bike but the next time you put up 'in your face' pictures make sure the odd bit of chain is hidden will you

Ah yes well spotted, need those links though to break the chain. I had to crop the picture to get inside the memory limit, will do screenshots next time as its less memory

Penfold6290":i44d511b said:
Nice bike, if any bike deserves a set of Delta brakes it's this one!

I so want a pair of Delta brakes, but the cost is too much, saw a pair in good condition go for £450!!

Sheffield":1mypb8cj said:
Ha ha! Well spotted Ian Raleigh.

To think this was the bare bones of a bike attached to my turbo trainer for the best part of 3 years. The rest of the time it sat with a mish-mash of shite bits as a pub bike - Sorry DD...

Get the tape on it and get it up for 'Road bike of the Month' December/Jan.

Phil

It has tape on! I'll post a picture when its light and sunny in Hayfield, May then! How do I put it up for road bike of the month?

Doubledee":29wc2f0e said:
Penfold6290":29wc2f0e said:
Nice bike, if any bike deserves a set of Delta brakes it's this one!
I so want a pair of Delta brakes, but the cost is too much, saw a pair in good condition go for £450!!
Yesterday on ebay I watched a pair of delta brakes go for £195, though they needed new brake blocks :shock:

I think Deltas will be a summer purchase, reckon Ive pushed it far enough with Mrs Doubledee, though I have to say Im happy at how how far Ive been allowed!

phenominal! to think i walked away from an identical frame for 180! :( :( :(

How about Croce d'aune deltas? you can get them for around 150?

PS what's that cool little stand? :cool:

bikenut2010":1jgzme8x said:
phenominal! to think i walked away from an identical frame for 180! :( :( :(

How about Croce d'aune deltas? you can get them for around 150?

PS what's that cool little stand? :cool:

Deltas, deltas , deltas, my wife will kill me! tempted though. I got the stand from Decathlon(UK/French sports shop, not sure of your location) about 10 years ago, very useful, also have an Andy stand for my hollow BB bikes.

I got this wrong myself on another thread, but it seems to be Bottecchia, not Bottechia... just sayin'...

torqueless":1kfd8s9f said:
I got this wrong myself on another thread, but it seems to be Bottecchia, not Bottechia... just sayin'...

just updated my signature....and its written on the frame doh!

Back