Shipping

I received a bike box from the UK - i am in Northern Ireland - it was sent Parcelforce 48 - 48hrs delivery tracked. The box contained 3 frames, groupset, wheels and a few other bits and weight was around 22kg although the docs stated something about volumetric weight being over 57kg if i remember rightly. The cost was £45 ish - maybe £48.

Having read the above i am not sure if it helps but it may give you some idea of cost - one bike will be much less in weight but will be the same size.

Royal Mail and Parcelforce deem Northern Ireland as a part of UK so postage would be the same i think.

Regards

[Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:15 pm Post subject:
I received a bike box from the UK - i am in Northern Ireland - it was sent Parcelforce 48 - 48hrs delivery tracked. The box contained 3 frames, groupset, wheels and a few other bits and weight was around 22kg although the docs stated something about volumetric weight being over 57kg if i remember rightly. The cost was £45 ish - maybe £48.

Having read the above i am not sure if it helps but it may give you some idea of cost - one bike will be much less in weight but will be the same size.quote][/quote]

Yes sending the same volumetric weight using parcelforce to Europe would be considerably dearer as it is not a part of UK.

Hope that clarifies it.

Regards

Problems. The BFPO maxium parcel size is way smaller than a bike box. you post a toddlers bike that way but not a full size one. So sending by Royal mail is a none starter.

This bike given the mudguards will just fit in a 140cm box without the front wheel on. So whoever posted about P4D thanks. That is the way it will be going.

Back