2000 Klein Mantra Comp - not for retro snobs!

whassup wi that ?

NUFFIN.........................apart from the headset stackers above the stem ;)

retrobikeguy":klzq20gj said:
whassup wi that ?

NUFFIN.........................apart from the headset stackers above the stem ;)

I know, I know, keep meaning to take it to work to use the steerer cutting jig, but the weather has been sooooo crappy and as you can see, I'm somewhat precious about the bike, the excess steerer will be gone by the end of the week, I promise!

Ah, now thats better

;)
main.php

The head angle looks all messed up on that. Like someone's taking it from the front and rear and squeezing it? Too much travel rear shock?

I dunno.

ameybrook":2jeuai1s said:
The head angle looks all messed up on that. Like someone's taking it from the front and rear and squeezing it? Too much travel rear shock?

I dunno.
rear shock looks too long to me?

Nope, it's the stock shock. the Mantra has a steep head angle anyway - not for the nervous, but the shock is set up so that you only use the middle 4 out of 7 inches of rear travel, you set the sag so the bike sits down 1.5 inches when you get on it - makes for very plush rear end whilst in the saddle.

the front is quick, but as a former BMXer not uncomfortably so for me.

I like it, did prefer it with the other tyres though, and it's taught my 2 year old what the colour blue is :D
Now go and build one in red, green and yellow :LOL:

Back