Lavadome seat post size

Froggy

Retro Newbie
Tried a 26.8 seat post in the 92 lava dome and it went in as far as the slot lasts. could somebody confirm a 26.6mm is the right size before I order one. Also where would i find one of these collar cable stays that fit around the top of the down tube to allow centre pull brakes as the frame has no stays as standard? Thanks Duncan

I know my 1990 konas take 26.6mm seatposts not sure if they changed the diameter in 91/92 try giving the inside of the seat tube a good clean first it might just be loads of grime stopping it. Put a wanted ad on here for the collar coz they can be tricky to find the original ones. What colours the lavadome?

92 Lava dome resto

Thanks Spanky, I can crack on with seat post order now. She was black before resto and I have a couple of litres of toyota solid black 2K left over so no brainer, black she is with clear coat on the tubes bearing decals only. Seem to be able to get an excellent finish straight out of the gun on bike resprays, compared to the handfull of car resprays I have carried out, which more often than not needed arduous flatting and polishing is an absolute result. :D. Hoping to set up a spray booth with extraction and heating. Watch out Argos??? appologies for bad light on pics.

Attachments

• P1010241.JPG
    P1010241.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 612
  • P1010242.JPG
    P1010242.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 612
  • P1010244.JPG
    P1010244.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 612
Just to confuse things a bit I've checked my 92 explosif pro and that takes a 27.0mm seatpost not sure if that's to do with it having tange prestige tubing though

i have a '92 cinder cone with an original seat post - heard they were 26.4, but i bought a thomson elite 26.6 and that seems to fit no prob, although, not been on a ride with it yet so don't know if it will slip

I tried a 26.6 first in my 1993 'Dome, but it was too tight.

Ended up with a 26.4, which was just right.

Back