Another dump find - Peugeot Dordogne

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Went to the dump on Sunday and found this Peugeot Dordogne 531 framed tourer - sans tyres but everything else present and in good condition. :shock:

Looks to be all original. I'm going to enjoy renovating this one. :D

Sadly a bit too big for me so I'll probably sell it in the spring to fund other bike stuff

Attachments

• IMG_2309.JPG
    IMG_2309.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 897
  • IMG_2310.JPG
    IMG_2310.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 898
  • IMG_2311.JPG
    IMG_2311.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 898
  • IMG_2307.JPG
    IMG_2307.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 896
Bugger me again! I'm after a frame like this for a commuter; all the parts are stashed and ready.

Nice find.

It really does amaze me what people will throw away, rather than drop off at the local charity shop.

Still, at least it got rescued in time.

Woz":1m5w0wu7 said:
Can a 700c x 35 be rammed in the rear of those?

From hazy memory these are very narrow when trying to fit wider tyres in mine.

I also remember that only the frogleg style brake working 'properly' - other cantilevers were too wide - am happy to be corrected though. I sold mine on ebay in about 2004 for £250!

NeilM":23pfceq4 said:
Nice find.

It really does amaze me what people will throw away, rather than drop off at the local charity shop.

Still, at least it got rescued in time.

It's a sad indictment of modern society that people will chuck out something which needs probably no more than £100 spending on it, and with care will last another 30+ years, when you can't actually buy an adult's bike for £100

Something about knowing the price of everything, and the value of nothing. Oscar Wilde I think.

Back