1992 Saracen Kili Pro - finally finished – page 3

Mini update with some really bad photos, sorry :oops:

Maguras up and running now after some frustrating tweaking. They look the part and seem to function ok so I'll see how good they work when everything is finished

Just the chain, toe clips and cables to sort out now :)

Better pictures to follow.

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

IMG_0984.jpg

Excellent work. That is looking really fantastic. Great to see that you've sourced so many original parts for it.

A dab of paint stripper will remove the 'PUSH' logo from the seatpost and have it looking just like the original one.

Really looking forward to seeing some more high quality images.

drystonepaul":3jw8plzk said:
Excellent work. That is looking really fantastic. Great to see that you've sourced so many original parts for it.

A dab of paint stripper will remove the 'PUSH' logo from the seatpost and have it looking just like the original one.

Thanks mate.

Yep, still got to do that. I think I'll wait till its all done and that can be the finishing touch :)

Its taken about two years to find all the bits, but definitely worth the trouble.

Got to try and source some white toe clip straps but can't find any anywhere!

dendy":2kkrmg38 said:
superb :cool:

As Paul said remove the push logo, metal polish will also do the job.

Cheers.

I'll get to that as soon as everything else is done :)

Giom6":xgmeeidg said:
drystonepaul":xgmeeidg said:

Thanks mate.

Yep, still got to do that. I think I'll wait till its all done and that can be the finishing touch :)

Its taken about two years to find all the bits, but definitely worth the trouble.

Got to try and source some white toe clip straps but can't find any anywhere!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christophe-Le ... 1c2e031620

$(KGrHqRHJ!wE8+wMdwziBP,Hz(,24w~~60_12.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: 1992 Saracen Kili Pro - build pictures page 2

Right, finally got round to finishing the Kili Pro this week :oops:

Its been a while but good things come to those who wait :) There is still a little bit of tinkering to do on the gears but after a quick outing this afternoon – it rides like a dream!

Just to recap, the bike has been stripped down, re powdercoated and then I have tried to source everything to original spec. The only thing I couldn't find is the headset, so I went with a trusty XT version.

Its been a real labour of love and I hope you guys like it.

First two pics are of the bike when I bought it.

Enjoy

Kili-Side-Feb2010_zpsddfde1cf.jpg

Kili-Front-Feb2010_zps304f9e7e.jpg

The finished bike

KP_F1_zpsefd303fe.jpg

KP_F3_zpsadbfa811.jpg

KP_F2_zps2d29d10b.jpg

KP_F4_zps831a1929.jpg

Re: 1992 Saracen Kili Pro - build pictures page 2

Some close up shots including the refinished hydrostops :)

KP_F7_zps5e8c7516.jpg

KP_F8_zps43fc7ade.jpg

KP_F5_zpsa0a347b5.jpg

KP_F6_zps44bb1544.jpg

KP_F9_zpsb8d77400.jpg

KP_F10_zps870649fb.jpg

KP_F11_zpsbd082f42.jpg

Back