Official recommended or not paint-shop thread.

Rob Atkin":3m2y0l84 said:
LSN coatings in Castleford have been used by a couple of guys in my area with good results and are good value too. They do powder coating. I'm definitely taking my DMR and GT there soon.

they DO neon. will blast to metal as a separate service too.

pink, orange, green, yellow for flouro and a mind boggling array of finishes and effects. even crackle-glaze.

spot-on work for small money. hey, that's why I go there(tight yorkshireman).

*edit for LSN coatings work portfolio.

here for sparkle/shimmer

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... c&start=15

more to follow...

Yorvik Engineering

I used Yorvik Engineering at Wiggington near York for my 91 Marin Eldridge.
Unit E Windmill House Industrial Estate
Sutton Road
Wigginton
York
YO32 2RA

Phone: 01904 768515: 01904 768515

www.yorvik-es.co.uk

Gave Tim there the small task of re-creating the Zolatone finish and I think he's pulled it off pretty well.
He did a colour match from the chart and gave it a satin finish with some sort of textured beading in the powder.
The expensive bit was the flouro forks stem and bars,they need about 22 base coats of white first and then the flouro on top.
Frame and forks usually cost £50 to powder coat one colour the flouro doubles it.

marc two tone":l9vwha1f said:
Rob Atkin":l9vwha1f said:
LSN coatings in Castleford have been used by a couple of guys in my area with good results and are good value too. They do powder coating. I'm definitely taking my DMR and GT there soon.

pink, orange, green, yellow for flouro and a mind boggling array of finishes and effects. even crackle-glaze.

That reminds me about by frame..

Did we get an answer on the sharp colour change and not the shallow fade?
<I've forgotten... I know it can be done, and how it might have been done, as the frames came with it>

FluffyChicken":1vacjd77 said:
marc two tone":1vacjd77 said:
Rob Atkin":1vacjd77 said:

That reminds me about by frame..

Did we get an answer on the sharp colour change and not the shallow fade?
<I've forgotten... I know it can be done, and how it might have been done, as the frames came with it>

ah, regarding RM dog-sick yellow?

if so, can't remember the RAL code but they could do a good likeness. even they admitted a stop-start powder coat was difficult or, too much like trial and error for masking off(something like that). at the time i spoke with them they recommended one or the other in powdercoat, then rattle-can the other colour. the yellow is a pale, flat shade so better to let them sort that. the red was fairly common in cherry, or there abouts. :?

they didn't get too techy about why, must be their particular booths or coating methods.

I used a company called CJ Ward in Burton on Trent for my Tazer and they did a good job and didn't charge much at all.

Back