Campagnolo Daytona Front Mech - Triple Compatible?

MartinB123

Senior Retro Guru
As per above please, got my eyes on a Campy Daytona front mech - now I need to know if it's compatible with a triple crank? The triple crank is also Campagnolo (not sure of group off the top of my head). Can anyone assist? Will be used with Friction Shifters if that makes any difference?

Thanks,

Martin

The triple ones have a deeper back plate to aid shifting off a granny ring.
That's not to say you can't try to get it to work even if it's a double.

The main issue is ensuring compatibility with tyou shifters. Later QS ones can be problematic. If they are micro-index ones then you should have no problems, whatever mech you choose.

As hamster says the proper triple will work best but I used to use a Suntour double on my Campag 53/42/30 triple with no problems.

Ignore the comments about QS/micro-index that's Ergo-speak and nothing to do with friction shifters.

Mark.

Sorry. Cats and key ythuuuuuuuuu=a-sgdtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttboards don't mix

if the mech is for double chainsets, it may not work. I changed a Compact Centaur chainset to a Centaur Triple. The Centaur Compact front mech didn't have enough throw to reach the outer ring. Had to use one of the triple-specific front mechs.

Back