Steve Peat style GT Jump/Slalom bike

Yeah sounds great this, really fancy a light chuck able tough GT with some retro origins. They still look good the newer GTs

Well after a good rub down she's had 3 coats of primer, and this is after coat number 1 of black gloss.....

I'm on a budget so it's rattle cans all the way. To be honest I wanted to have a go myself anyway so a playbike is the perfect opportunity!

Attachments

• IMG-20121017-01242.jpg
    IMG-20121017-01242.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,619
Well the paint is on and is touch dry. Got it in the kitchen to 'set' for a week or so. (Mrs not happy :LOL: ). To say I did it with 30 quids worth of rattle cans I'm really happy with the outcome and finish. Hopefully the gear I've ordered to make the forks decals will be here tomorrow so I can get on with that. Really want to leave the frame alone to harden through. Still not sorted wheels, still don't know if I'm going single speed or not, anyone any thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG-20121017-01245.jpg
    IMG-20121017-01245.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,602
  • IMG-20121017-01246.jpg
    IMG-20121017-01246.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,602
  • IMG-20121017-01251.jpg
    IMG-20121017-01251.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,602
Looks alright that, good effort. I rattle canned my dmr rhythm, and it looks great though I wish I'd powder coated it now as it is a tad brittle compared.

Colour has made a big difference.

You could run a tight road cassette. Depends what you fancy really, I don't like slipping gears so SS can be fun, but will do the road gears thing on one of em again.

I'd also go gears; road block and mech, single ring and chain device.

Doesn't look a bad job for a rattle can.

You don't mess around do you! When did the frame land, Tuesday?! Good effort though, looks a million times better than it did Pink. Will follow thread with interest :)

I think long term gears is where I want to be, but short term and just getting the bike up and running I may have to go single speed. Ideally I'd go for XTR M950 cranks, mech, V-brakes and MRP Slalom device. There a XTR+ Slalom mrp chainset, with BB on ebay atm but I don't have the £75 needed for it haha. This months budget has already been blown on frame, forks and paint... Next purchase will be wheels and a headset I think, so I can start building up the frame rather than having a box of bits.

If anyone has any suitable wheels let me know! Got to have 20mm front obvs!

Started on the forks.....

More pictures to follow, when I get some daylight!

Attachments

• judy slalom.jpg
    judy slalom.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,323
  • judyslalom1.jpg
    judyslalom1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,323
Back