White Kilauea, finished ( for now ) pics

Most of the bits are all cleaned up now :) should get it done today :) and don't worry the blue bar ends aren't staying ;)

kilauea101.jpg

kilauea102.jpg

Ace :D

Really like it :cool:

Just finished my 1995 White 18'' Kilauea and taken pics of it.........

.......might wait a while before uploading them though ;) :roll:

M

:D :D :D

You know Jones, the more I see of that bike, the more p*ssed off I am that I didn't go crazy on ebay! :LOL:

Looking really really cool. This bike is almost like a guilt trip to me...I once owned exactly that and I modified hell out out it to the point I can't own it anymore. :cry: You might need a chain though. :LOL:

Cheers :) on the alloy bits I use Astonish oven and cookwear cleaner with a scotch pad then a quick wipe with a cloth and some Brasso and they come up like new ;) on the frame I just use any old polish and then car wax to finish off :)

I'm so glad you didn't go crazy Geoff :shock: because I'd put in a VERY!! silly bid so if you'd done the same it could have become very silly very quickly :LOL:

I'm afraid putting a chain on is as far as I got this afternoon as I got called into work :roll: few little bits should come in the post tomorrow so I'll finish it off and head out for a spin :D

I agree dog - horses for courses! Never seen a white Kona frame - if you'd asked me before i saw that i'd have said "no, no, no!" but just how pete tong i was..

Definitely in my top 5 bikes i've seen here. I wouldn't know whether to ride it or frame it!! ;) :mrgreen:

Original

Stunning, stunning, stunning! That def takes me back. Mine is the same as Geoffs' and has been modified and butchered to keep up with the times, so far that it now has disc mounts on it and is baby blue in colour. Got a set of original coloured decals from Gil though as i'm sure when the paint gets too tarnished it will be heading back to Argos for another respray. Are you keeping it original Jones? If so you're going to have to hunt down the original tyres (Mr Dirt and The Cleaner) as well as some Ritchey pads, black at the front and red at the back and the SRT-600 gripshift. I personally wouldn't bother with the gripshift as i think its awful. There's something about twisting your wrist and moving your hand position whilst going at speed over bumps that doesnt agree with me.

AWESOME

absolutley stunning - my dream bike as a kid - i remember being on holiday with my family in France and taking the 1995 kona brochure with me everywhere - it was falling to pieces by the end of the holiday - the page was always open at the kilauea page as i thought if i dropped enough hints to the folks they would buy one for my birthday when we got back to England! - got a 1995 Lava Dome instead :(

Back