Ebay! Sucks.

I send everything recorded and the amount of people that still try and pull the 'it never turned up' line is astounding.

I currently have a bike on for £560 buy-it-now and have had 8 offers of less than £150 in the past week. Either my price is too high or some people are far too cheeky.

i've had a buyer not pay then win again on the relist and then not pay again using a new id. :roll:

So will try one more time. Just to possible buyers it looks like my sale is dodgy.

Technically it sounds like the people you deal with on ebay suck not ebay itself. I buy lots of stuff on ebay, no problems to report, I think its good.

velomaniac":162hwt2c said:
Technically it sounds like the people you deal with on ebay suck not ebay itself. I buy lots of stuff on ebay, no problems to report, I think its good.

Same with me till 2 weeks ago. The buyer has a UK address but this is just forwarding address to his real home in Vietnam.

e-bay is good until their are problems then every thing they do is just luke warm towards bad buyers. Can't even leave negative feed back like before. This buyer has 100% until you read the read feed back and see 4 buyers who didn't get payment out of 12. All 4 were expensive items. The others were £50 or lower.
Why bid on items you can't afford :roll:

I think it depends on what you buy and sell. I tend to steer well clear of anything that attacts the scammers/chancers/little kids - such as electronic games, Apple stuff, fancy mobile phones, etc etc. The stuff that is more desirable to a larger audience or a specific audience may attract more problems. Most bike stuff is ok.... especially retro stuff..

Rob Atkin":16uidonz said:
I think it depends on what you buy and sell. I tend to steer well clear of anything that attacts the scammers/chancers/little kids - such as electronic games, Apple stuff, fancy mobile phones, etc etc. The stuff that is more desirable to a larger audience or a specific audience may attract more problems. Most bike stuff is ok.... especially retro stuff..

I got thoroughly Nigerianed when I tried to sell a phone a few years back on ebay - ended up selling it on Amazon which was an entirely more pleasant experience.

I sold some old computer games (snes) a while back and they made pretty good money. I didn't hear from the winning bidder for a week, so I used his ebay account and address given to search for him on the net. I found out where he worked and phoned him up there. Once I'd explained the situation to him on the phone, he quickly paid, it's amazing what you can find out on the internet!

markwashington":n3fczhow said:
I sold some old computer games (snes) a while back and they made pretty good money. I didn't hear from the winning bidder for a week, so I used his ebay account and address given to search for him on the net. I found out where he worked and phoned him up there. Once I'd explained the situation to him on the phone, he quickly paid, it's amazing what you can find out on the internet!

:D Well done that man. I need a plane ticket to 'nam' to sort the f**ker out :LOL:

velomaniac":16w69qim said:

I take your point, and it has merit.

Historically I have bought and sold high end gear on Ebay, with very few issues.

Lately I have been trying to scoop bottom price gear, so I seem to be dealing with some fairly ignorant and care less sellers.

The system itself does not lend itself to a calm peaceful feeling though.

I am pretty patient normally. Ebay should act more quickly regarding issues, and should hold sellers to the detail of their listings more firmly.

Back