Alluminium-05

i wont ever get rid of this bike..love it

cant understand why it's so rare and unheard of??

anyway the original rock shox are surplus to requirement if anyone is interested

and where do i get fork seals for marzocchi bomber forks...want to give them a service..

cheers

Not meaning to be unkind but the frame doesn't look anything special, looks kind of generic mass produced made in Taiwan Aluminium frame. I'm probably very wrong so dont shout angrily at me if this is the case but it might have been a case of badge engineering, that is some shop or business just badging up bought in frames with their own logo. In fact I remember a wee shop in Edinburgh that no longer exists doing just that to punt out its own brand. They were nicely equipped bikes but they were not inhouse designed/developed in any way.

arent all bikes made in taiwan now anyway.... :p

no-one seems to know anything about these bikes so you could be wrong or you could be right

the welds, the light weight and original componentry suggest it wasnt bottom feeder domain...plus its still going strong

two of us on here like em and have had them since '97 and '98

could be american ,googling race designs brings up a company to do with nascar racing... and the spelling of alluminium suggests american

i have a modern specialized..now that is american..made in taiwan of course... :D

The "Alluminium" (as opposed to "Aluminum") suggests it's not US made... but really, who cares? It's loved, ridden, and has some nice componentry on, so what if the frame was mass-produced and nothing special? I never thought I'd see the day that people actually wanted to buy an OEM-spec Mustang, but hey :?

Bike looks fine, the raised stem with rises don't do it for me, but I bet the comfort is needed.

Any serial numbers on it ?

Koupe said:
The "Alluminium" (as opposed to "Aluminum") suggests it's not US made... but really, who cares? It's loved, ridden, and has some nice componentry on, so what if the frame was mass-produced and nothing special?

Right enough, never noticed the spelling which is wrong, there is only one 'L' in Aluminium. The bikes 'All' made of 'Uminium' now thats interesting :)

Dont get me wrong, I like your bike, I like all bikes and yes Koupe I'd be happy to have a OEM-spec Mustang :D

Can't beat rat trap pedals gruff.... :D

Still waiting for paulseys to put a pic up......he has replied here and when I put a pic on Flickr ..

I'm just desperate to see a pic of another for my visual gain....c'mon Paul... ;)

Back