Carlton..Purists look away now. New Pics

Little did grumpycommuter know, but at the time he posted the previous comment, i was lying in hospital with a brain injury, sustained by falling of my bike the previous night :shock:

Well on the road to recovery now, back at work ( had 3 +1/2 months off), and looking to restart this again :cool:

Looking to get some paint of it before xmas.....

dave

Piperdave":enp7f3vg said:
Little did grumpycommuter know, but at the time he posted the previous comment, i was lying in hospital with a brain injury, sustained by falling of my bike the previous night :shock:

Well on the road to recovery now, back at work ( had 3 +1/2 months off), and looking to restart this again :cool:

Looking to get some paint of it before xmas.....

dave

Glad your on the mend, looking forward to seeing some pictures....

Karl

Re: Carlton..Purists look away now

Got it back from the powdercoaters, along with the Claud Butler, today. As with the CB the paint is a little lighter, and a little reder that i had hoped from the colour chart. But not enough for me to change it.

When i got there, they had painted the forks, even though i had specified that i just wanted them stripped, as i was going to chrome them. They took the forks away and stripped them.... the result was a very rough surface. When i took them to the Chrome platers, they took one look, and told me the surface of the metal had been destroyed, and they felt that the amount they would need to remove by polishing would render the forks unuseable :facepalm: The cost would be high as it would be a long job......

I have been in touch with the powdercoaters, who have agreed to paint them again FOC, inc collecting them, and returning them to me, but i am far from happy :evil:

If anyone has a Karma set of Carlton c1971 forks.........

The pinstriping is mine, very much harder than i thought.......blind in one eye, and lengthening vision of old age taking its toll :roll:

Looking forward to getting some decals, and puting this back on the road.

Re: Carlton..Purists look away now

Finally got the forks back last weekend and built the bike up. Not very happy with the powder coaters, and will not use them again :evil:

Just put the finishing touches on today.....Badged as a Corsa

So, here it is, slightly lighter than i was hoping for, and without chrome forks.

Took it out for its first ride yesterday. Very nice it is. Seems very different to my Raleigh, gear change is smoother. Brakes need to bed in a bit.....

Back