NOS 1985 SBDU Raleigh team pro super chrome.

Wow, one of the nicest bikes I've seen on this site for a while, the frame compliments the SR groupset beautifully. I love the fact you've gon out of your wayt to source the parts often overlooked in SR builds.

I need a new bike. I really want one of the kinds that have the leather seats and tire cover things and are kind of retro. I'd rather not get a mountain bike, but I know that would work better on the kind of rocky dirt road we live on. Does anyone have a suggestion of a retro bike for a dirt road?

Thanks all, despite a bit of a culling in my collection this will never be sold along with the '85 753 team panasonic and 'rello track. I just know I would instantly regret it.
Shawn.

rusty bodie":31pzcpmd said:
i've only just stumbled upon the photos of your bike shawn and i'd like to say two things:

firstly, you're a sick man!

secondly, does your wife have a sister?!!

absolutely AWESOME!! i've never seen one in the flesh before and those photos are simply stunning. this is the kind of thing that we would see at the cologne bike trade shows in the '80s - gorgeous!! are those assos rims per chance?

craig

Hi Craig, thanks, it's the ultimate bike for me. Although I have to be honest and say it is a true trailer queen :LOL:
The rims are nos wolber profil18's. I found some mid '80's ones with the early foil sticker. Superb rims but more suited to track as they have little braking surface. Not that the brake blocks are ever going to kiss 'em :LOL:
I have to amend the list below soon, I did a bit of impulse buying through the Summer but came to realise the mid '80's team Panasonic/weinmanns are the bikes I've always loved so I'm freeing up some garage space. Right now I'm packing up the road ace ready for its new home in Quebec :shock:
Shawn.

Oh, Craig, she does indeed have a sister. Unfortunately she is absolutely butt ugly although does have a lovely personality.

:LOL:

butt ugly, eh.....oh well....

..DOES SHE OWN AN SBDU BIKE?!

yup, the 531 Pro is stunning - i would love another raleigh lightweight - that 753R of mine was fabulous to ride - mega comfy over long distances and it all went forward in the sprint for the 30mph signs!!

if you get the chance it would be great if you'd post some photos of the other raleighs of yours.

cheers,

craig

I am considering selling this either as a complete bike or parts. Will do a for sale ad later.
Cheers!

rusty bodie":1o67oymo said:
butt ugly, eh.....oh well....

..DOES SHE OWN AN SBDU BIKE?!

yup, the 531 Pro is stunning - i would love another raleigh lightweight - that 753R of mine was fabulous to ride - mega comfy over long distances and it all went forward in the sprint for the 30mph signs!!

if you get the chance it would be great if you'd post some photos of the other raleighs of yours.

cheers,

craig
Only just seen your reply Craig, in fact most of the bikes are now sold. I forgot to delete them!! I have a lovely '85 team pro in 753 that i will always keep, and also a nos 753 team frame in panasonic colours from '86. Still have the track bike too although selling that as it's a tad small for me and my old knees can't cope with fg&ss :LOL:
Trouble is i've seen a car I want........... ;)

i can't believe you've sold that chrome 531Pro! now, you're taste in cars...you wouldn't be interested in a rather lovely old car like this one, would you?! i am

looking to sell this gorgeous old audi 90 quattro 20v shortly...only 20 odd left on the road...this is a one owner (prior to me), rust free example with full mot and tax...

DSCF0043-2.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

there aren't too many things that compare to a raleigh 753, but in the car world, retro 5 cylinder audis come pretty darn close!

;)

Latest posts

Back