1983 Raleigh Rapide W.I.P. - links for newbies added

NOooooooooooooooo it is easier than that! You are spending too much time looking at my prize piece!!

I can't see it either, even with the clue, but I'd just like to remind you that your expander-bolt is still missing! Maybe you need to resize your pics back up to their original size to help us out? :twisted: :)

TGR":1h3zydhx said:
Links seem to work but still not ideal.

A test - can anyone see the one broken bit in the pics?

I only noticed when i was taking the pics myself.

Nope. The little triangle bit, I can't see that but that's more to do with the camera angle I assume.

Torqueless,

The pic size will remain the same! The triangular bit used to get pedal to turn to get toe in clip has broken off - Mr Raleigh noticed it after a lot of time spent looking!

What expander bolt is missing?

Thanks for trying, perhaps i should have posted the answer earlier!

Al-onestare - you got it!! I will not be replacing them because of this!

Ok, you really have been looking closely! My fault, i failed to put it in the pic - apologies. Although the seat bolt is also missing - this is the one item which i could not remove with allen keys and had to be cut out - not necessarily because of rust, the bolt was too worn inside for the tool to get a purchase - my fault 20 years ago and not Raleigh's.

Thanks for taking the time to read this - i hope to get the bike running within a week.

My only difficulty with the 'back to new' restoration is the wheels - it will take me some time to get them rebuilt probably after Christmas but i have the ones in the pics to get the bike on the road.

Thanks all

The race is on! I think you'll beat me since a) my hoods still haven't arrived :cry: and b) I'm away this weekend so the bar-tape will go on the following week.

I have to work this week, and now my wife is ill - i am nurse for the time being. I wonder if she could polish while she is sick?

Back