''92? Kona Cinder Cone re-lick

There are so many nice bikes on this forum and I don't often comment, but I love the colours and decals you've chosen - perfect!

Just to say that yes it is a 92 frame. The P2 is a 96 and as such is 2cm too long for the 92 geometry. That will slow the steering down, so it would benefit from fitting a shortish stem now, say 10cm.

dablk":2wz6mpe8 said:
Cool and welcome.

Agree i love that era of decal on the 94-97 konas. I'm all for doing how you want em, as long as your trying to make out its a hannah with explosif stickers. Why not...
Personally I disagree by putting the wrong era decals on it you are giving the impression it's a different era than it is. Just as bad as putting explosif stickers on a Hahanna imo.

I suppose though different opinions is what makes this forum interesting.

Just to say that yes it is a 92 frame. The P2 is a 96 and as such is 2cm too long for the 92 geometry. That will slow the steering down, so it would benefit from fitting a shortish stem now, say 10cm.

I had some over-long forks on a pre-suspension corrected frame, they were 410mm axle to crown, instead of 390mm and I had the opposite problem, steering wasn't nice at all, the bike sort of fell into corners. I think this was due to wheel flop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_geometry

I've since fitted the correct 390mm length forks and the bicycle feels much better and the steering is nice and neutral.

xerxes":37m96s69 said:

I had some over-long forks on a pre-suspension corrected frame, they were 410mm axle to crown, instead of 390mm and I had the opposite problem, steering wasn't nice at all, the bike sort of fell into corners. I think this was due to wheel flop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_geometry

I've since fitted the correct 390mm length forks and the bicycle feels much better and the steering is nice and neutral.

thanks for the info - these forks were a replacement when I smashed the original p2's up. Never really noticed any steering issues, but I guess its what you get used to...and by luck i do use a short-ish 10cm stem

If you've ridden the bike and it feels OK to you, then obviously you don't need to worry. :D

completed photos eventually

completed photos eventually

Attachments

• 27-12-2012 16-04-15.jpg
    27-12-2012 16-04-15.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 290
Back