Old carbon Pug...Safe?

Doubledee":31lj9i1p said:
rusty bodie":31lj9i1p said:
whereas the tvt went forward like an exocet!!

:cool:

TVT's were ace always wanted one of those, they come up on ebay but many dont have forks, ahead of their time in my opinion.

there were two gorgeous tvts just recently - one was a red tvt like my old one - a complete bike with comparable quality kit on it...it sold for £500 if i remember correctly and in spotless condition!

:shock:

I saw that one no funds though! it was reposted twice! A friend of mine had a white one with dura ace in 1990, whilst I rode an Alan carbon, the TVT was far stiffer in the right places and just looked great, best in deep red though... Memories! I'll be keeping an eye out rather fancy the low pro, would love to do a TT sans tribars on one

rusty bodie":ppcsiv35 said:
Doubledee":ppcsiv35 said:
rusty bodie":ppcsiv35 said:
whereas the tvt went forward like an exocet!!

:cool:

TVT's were ace always wanted one of those, they come up on ebay but many dont have forks, ahead of their time in my opinion.

there were two gorgeous tvts just recently - one was a red tvt like my old one - a complete bike with comparable quality kit on it...it sold for £500 if i remember correctly and in spotless condition!

:shock:

i think the onei tried came out of the back door of the old pug factory in bedford,where my mates brother worked.i do remember they had bloody dozen,s of them left at the end of the run,and sold them dirt cheep :D

I bounce mine around all over, never a worry

alan.jpg

Thats a great spot...Thanks MarkyP.

Since my original posting, I've gone off on a rather drastic tangent and jumped onto a Corsa Record groupset with Delta brakes and wheels built onto C Record century hubs, this now resides in my kitchen ready for a good cleaning!

The (now frantic) search continues for something nice to hang it all on and this will be watched!

...All while maintaining the other halfs xmas pressie fund....could be dangerous times ahead !

:LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I think you could be right...jeez how on earth have I ended up in this place so soon!? :shock:

I had a look on Hilarys site and notice he's also selling a 52cm 979 too :?

I've a Vitus 979 and a 753 (the one I used for the Gospel Pass ride) and the 753 rides so much nicer.
If you're in no rush you can have a try out on both.
Actually, I may ride the Vitus on the 16th....so bring a pedal spanner!

Latest posts

Back