1990 Haro Extreme

Rob Atkin":x25hb93j said:

thanks for the link rob, however i dont think any of your pics are quite close/detailed enough to copy from.

Karmann":x25hb93j said:
I can help with the decals as I have an almost mint condition Extreme, PM your email address and tomorrow I will send over some pics and dimensions.

That would be a great help, I'll pm you now

Cheers, sean :)

the yellow paint finally goes on, (about 4 cans worth in the end :shock: ) will need to get the frame and fork lacquered and i'll upload some better pics soon

sean

Attachments

• IMG-20121126-00382.jpg
    IMG-20121126-00382.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,026
Karmann":1ekobi5s said:
I will take some pics of the decals i just keep forgetting

okay, will look forward to it :D... Limited funds though means i'm only going to have the headtube graphic reproduced so the rest wont be needed

sean

the paintwork has finally been finished :D took 7 cans of paint in the end but i couldnt be happier with the result..... let me know what you think :)

Sean

p4pb8959825.jpg

p4pb8959822.jpg

p4pb8959820.jpg

p4pb8959818.jpg

No comments? will have to do another update then :p

today i looked at the bars and the stem. both have been cleaned, touched up on the scratches and re-lacquered.
DSC_1913.jpg

The stem has had a new quil bolt fitted, the rusty (bottle cage bolts?) removed, and the pinch bolt has been cleaned of all it's rust
DSC_1912.jpg

DSC_1911.jpg

Sean :)

cce":2hwp3heo said:
looks mint mate

you gonna be bringing it in on tuesday?

Not this tuesday, but hopefully soon.... Theres a bike ride on the 16th i think for everyone at the Bristol bike project, would be good to take the haro and call it a test ride but probably wont have it finished by then

MCsanandreas":2hwp3heo said:
7 cans of paint? looks worth it. how hard is it to get a good rattle can finish?

to be honest i dont think the finish would have been any better if i had it powdercoated, its had a lot of coats but it does look impressive..... after 7 cans worth of paint its easily stronger than the last paintjob that argos did for me and i doubt i would bother with powdercoaters again after this.... the prepwork though was a nightmare, it took forever to get it right

Sean

SEANSTEPHENS to be honest i dont think the finish would have been any better if i had it powdercoated said:
hhmmm....cheers for the reply. i have stripped and polished ali frames but not yet had a go at repainting steel. did think of a two tone job on a frame i have but one solid colour is going to be easier.
keep up the good work on that build,looking good so far.

Back