Raleigh USA Technium Peak (Baltic Bawbags Ride)

I'd love to find a Raleigh USA technium Chill as my brother had one BITD and its still one of my favourite paint jobs. 18" please!

The STI units arrived today, which is the last of the major bits for the build. A few minor scratches but other than that they're in really good nick. Will update further this weekend when I get them fitted.

Rob, there seems to be a few Techniums about but they're fairly rare beasties so if you see one snap it up if you can :D .

Attachments

• ST-M095 STI.jpg
    ST-M095 STI.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 942
Slightly hacked off tonight :evil: . Just fitted the STI units to the bike to find the lefthand lever clamp body is bent from what looks like a front impact. Contacted the seller and he claimed he didn't know about the damage having bought them from someone else and never fitted them himself. No way of telling if he's telling the truth or not.

I guess I could try to bend the clamp body back but fear it is likely to snap plus it looks as if there is a bit of twisting to the main lever body.
Anyone got any experience of fixing bent brake levers? or got a spare left hand M095 brake lever they want to sell.

jimbog":3uqhiv2z said:
Top work mate. Love the build so far.

Cheers Jimbog,

It's nearly finished, just need to finish setting up the gears and brakes (managed to rescue the situation with the STI's). Will post some updates tomorrow. Have also taken delivery of a 1990 Dynatech Mission in need of some TLC so will be posting a build thread for that soon.

I trust the Diablo's running well :)

Cheers,

Col

rubber fetish

what is it about rubber on brake levers, its bike bondage/fetish, i love a nice lever with a rubber on :shock: great build

Ok folks it's finished (well almost). Still need to fully refurb the SPD's and may change the saddle when I can find a period one in decent condition. But other than that it's ready to go.

Full Spec:

Frame & Fork - 1992 Raleigh USA Technium Peak 19"
Stem - OEM alloy unbranded
Headset - Tioga avenger
Bars - Unbranded black alloy
Barends - Tioga Power Studs-6 (new)
Grips - Ritchey WCS foam
Seatpost - OEM Kalloy
Seattube Clamp - X-Lite Ti
Saddle - Bontrager Inform-R (new)
Groupset - Shimano XT (M730, M735, M734 etc)
Brake/Gear levers - XT M091 levers and XT M095 shifters
Pedals - Shimano PD M737
Wheels - Shimano DX Hubs, Mavic M232 Rims (from my 92 Dynatech Ogre)
Tyres - Re-issue Panaracer Smoke & Dart

Some pic's before it gets muddy.

Enjoy :D

Attachments

• Controls.jpg
    Controls.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Technium Peak Finished 2.jpg
    Technium Peak Finished 2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Technium Peak Finished.jpg
    Technium Peak Finished.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,250
im glad sombody bought this

built up real nice

i trust i will see it on a macretro rideout soon ?

mikee":1o4ninib said:
im glad sombody bought this

built up real nice

i trust i will see it on a macretro rideout soon ?

Cheers Mikee,

Glad you like what I've done.

The plan is to join one of the macretro rides soon. When/where is the next one planned? Not been on this site long, I assume there are official and unofficial rides organised year round?

Back