Whoops..Another bike - Killer V

Alp*Willi

Retrobike Rider
Having a soft spot for 'Dales and different shaped frames, a Killer V has been high up on my list of bikes for a while. Most of the bikes or frames that I've come across have been 19" and would probably be a little on the small side for me. Others have just been too expensive for me.

And then a frame appeared on the For Sale pages and my interest was piqued. A few pm's later and I adopted a lovely 20" orange frame from Scarfacexx08 (top bloke, very patient with my endless questions).

Having seen his fusion of modern kit onto a retro frame in his build thread, I am keen to follow a similar direction. I have been toying with moving onto disc brakes and the V's frame has been upgraded with such a mounting.

main.php

I am concentrating on using the XT M76x groupset that will provide me with reasonably retro kit but also be a bit modern. As such, I have already sourced a NOS disc brake and shifter set, used mechs and a chainset.

Going along with the white theme of the seatpost clamp, I have gone for a FSA headset and a Charge Spoon white saddle. I'm still undecided whether to go all white on the stem and bars (with black grips?) and the seat post -would that be too much?

The previous build had 100mm white Rebas fitted and I like the look a lot. Scarfacexx08 advised that the 100mm forks didn't upset the geometry too much so I'll go along with that. Hence I will be looking for a white 100mm disc friendly pair of shocks but my budget doesn't remotely go near a Reba. :cry: Thus, some advice is needed on what forks could fit this bill and fall into a budget below £150.

The build goes on.......

very nice colour indeed and a beauty of a bike- can be a real lightweight too- looking forward to the updates mate. :cool:

For what it's worth, you can quite easily pick up a set of Rebas for £150. I think the last pair I sold weren't far off that.

No more updates really. This project is on a go slow at the moment as I'm still waiting to source forks, stem, handlebars, pedals and a seatpin for it.

Hopefully now Xmas is out of the way, the money fairy will have swelled my bike fund. :roll:

Back