er.. aren't LandRovers supposed to be able to do this?

You are missing the point somewhat - this is a well marked road when flooded. It is marked for when it is flooded. There are no fast flowing rivers or brooks, its just a large deep puddle the size of Northampton...

here is how not to do it - about 500 yards from my house, earlier this week:

moist_audi_176.jpg

Sadly the majority of drivers are more like the one in the above photo LGF, they don't have the right vehicle or knowledge to navigate such roads. Road safety advice will largely always be aimed at the masses rather than the few.

Also, it was a video on YT with the briefest of descriptions. Nowhere did the poster encourage other drivers to do the same, or even condone the actions of the LR driver. If the police are going to respond to every single "possibly-irresponsible" internet video, how much time do they have on their hands? :roll:

In the past , on Holme Lacy causeway I've opened the door on my Landy to let water in as it "lifted" and started to float sideways.It did the trick and i managed to get through it un harmed, never again - I Sh*t myself !

I wish the police would just f***k off and do their job of catching criminals. :twisted:

Clearly the driver knows the road and has kitted the vehicle for wading - he is driving at more or less the correct speed to create a bow wave as described in all the off-roading books.

Ha, if the Police stated publicly, "Bravo, carry on" what do you think would happen?

Do you think all the people with Defenders would get out there and drive the roads?

Or maybe think as I do, everyone that thinks they can do it has a pop?

The fact is if the Police condone such actions when someone dies for doing it what will people be stating?

I wish the police would just f***k off and do their job of catching criminals.

Probably worse, probably, "the police said it was Okay, they are to blame for these deaths"

or how about the police say nothing?

no law was broken nobody was injured. no cars were damaged.

:LOL:

Fireman: What the hell were you doing driving down that road?

Idiot: Well I saw someone on the internet do it and he was fine!

Fireman: Yes but he had a defender, you have a BMW X1!

Idiot: Does that matter?

Fireman: Yes your car is completely incapable!

Idiot: Well I know that now sorry.

Fireman: Its okay, thats what we are hear for. But your idiocy has diverted me from a fire where people were killed and you have cost the tax payer thousands of pounds. You shouldn't have done it really. . . .

Idiot: Oh, no one said I shouldn't do it.

GT-Steve":22wb3uau said:
A wise man once said "if you want to off road, get a Landrover...."

But said wise man also completed that sentence thus: "..... And if you want to get home again, get a Toyota..."

:LOL:

Land Rover used to make a killing sening Defenders down to the Falklands for all their 4x4 needs, now they only want jap 4x4s as they are a million times more reliable/easily fixed - My dad is the chap who sorts it out.

Back