Freddy Flintoff/fight tonight.

Errrrm yeah.... I don't know what to think really, hope this isn't another retired sportsman trying to relive former glories or relieve boredom and the onset of a long dull retirement.

He's always struck me as a big boisterous lad who might actually be a little more fragile than he might first appear, hopefully he won't get too badly found out or hurt.

Floyd.png

legrandefromage":17q6awo3 said:

That made me spurt brew!!! Ha still chucklin haha!!

I "think" after 1 google hit :LOL: he's gona win.
I do hope its just a achivment for him (he 's done some challanges)
Lost 3 stone seen him talkin on the news he looks fast for a lanky one
?????
We'll see

i had to google the name to make sure it was actually who i thought it was.
dont know his history much, so to think of a cricket player / supermarket endorser turning to boxing, it does beg the question....why?

rosstheboss":z09rz14c said:
He's always struck me as a big boisterous lad who might actually be a little more fragile than he might first appear, hopefully he won't get too badly found out or hurt.

Flintoff did a damn good BBC1 documentary earlier in the year on sportspeople struggling with depression when things weren't going so well career-wise, so it seems in personality terms he's had his fair share of fragility and is only human. Best of luck to him, though - I guess a big part of it is proving that there's more to life after professional sport than TV punditry or advertising crisps. ;)
The same documentary also had a segment where Piers Morgan basically insisted in a rather holier-than-though way that people in sport had only themselves to blame, and in no way could adverse criticism of performances by newspaper journos be to blame for an individual's depression. What an absolute turd. As usual.
OK, rant over....

David

Back