Massi.....familiar to anyone?

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
I just got this from the bay of filth.....does anyone know owt about Massi....the quality appears very nice(carbon seat stays too). I wanted a modernish(comfy) ride that can do discs and this sprung out.....have I cocked up?!

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJDkFCrHyUH55BQrNSyH)Sw~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqNHJDkFCrHyUH55BQrNSyH)Sw~~60_12.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,036
elPedro666":kcplbldg said:
Decent quality stuff I reckon, sure it'll build up sweet :cool:

What's the plan?

I'm thinking that there was a bit of buzz around these around the early-mid 2000's, if my ailing memory serves :). People seem to lump them in with modern mid/upper-tier bikes such as Boardman, Cube, Focus, etc...

It should build into a lovely serviceable trail ride. I look forward to seeing it in all it's two-wheeled glory :D.

Personally I think of them as a bit more interesting than that, not that there's anything wrong with any you've mentioned of course. Maybe just because you don't see so many of them and I'm a sucker for an Italian name :oops:

:LOL:

Massi

They do some really stunning top end Carbon MTB frames in bare carbon, Sub 3 pounds.
Think they were one of the first to develop vacuum formed carbon frames. Well known on the Continent, very few UK importers.

They're used to be a Massi shop in Nottingham, just down from the ice stadium, probably around 2002-2004. Sold road and mtb, plus all there own branded clothing and accessories. Good bikes.

Thanks for all the info chaps. I don't remember the shop in town Rich.....tho I do tend to avoid Nottingham City Centre like the plague! I have seen a few pics of this model and all are built up with XT stuff so I reckon thats the way its gonna go....with some spangly shiny bits too :)

Back