Bikes seen out and about

Re: Manchester Nov 2012

GrumpyOldMan":1vezy22c said:
Saw these on Manchester Victoria station last week. They're very close together so the photo's look a bit cluttered, sorry.

I guess those bikes only have one brake (rear back pedal brake) but no hand operated brakes. That would make them illegal in the UK!

2 roadsters with front and rear brakes:

Attachments

• Gazelle roadster left.jpg
    Gazelle roadster left.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 802
  • Gazelle roadster right.jpg
    Gazelle roadster right.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 802
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 799
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 799
Re: Manchester Nov 2012

fiks":27wpxehk said:
I guess those bikes only have one brake (rear back pedal brake) but no hand operated brakes. That would make them illegal in the UK!

2 roadsters with front and rear brakes:
I hadn't noticed the lack of brake levers! Can't believe I did that. They were lovely bikes though.

In the pics of the roadsters: The top one has that huge security chain thingy but they only bothered to put it around the top tube! Why carry something that big and heavy if that's all they're going to do? Might as well save weight and bulk and carry a much shorter one, or use it properly and put it through the wheels etc as well.

That bike must weigh a ton anyway, so a shorter lock's not going to save much weight! A longer one is sometimes handy for locking to big lamp posts or for if you can't get your bike up close to something.

The second roadster in my post seems to have rod operated hub brakes.

great thread, but also amazed at the P poor locking of bikes. whenever i hire bikes i always supply 2 decent locks and point the decal on my Plantlok out which shows them the simplest and most effective way to lock a bike up.

Yellow Witcomb, maybe a 60s frame with some 80s and later parts.

Attachments

• right.jpg
    right.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 654
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 654
Looks to be and a Campagnolo pista crankset! Should have left a note "Give you £200 for your bike - contact xxx"

Looks to be and a Campagnolo pista crankset!

I didn't think that chainset was Campagnolo, maybe the rings didn't look it and because of the dirt. The front hub looks like a Mavic and the saddle's a
"Bernard Hinault" Turbo.

Bob Jackson, I think late 70s/early 80s, 531P respray sticker.

Attachments

• right close.jpg
    right close.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 553
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 546
Back