MacRetro chat and rides thread

Some of the ideas were more central beltish/ west highland wayish, we needed to consider any southern counterparts travelling up here. If we could offer the shortbread tin stuff an hour or so north of the central belt we could highlight how close the riding would be. ZZ was the main idea man.

Rob, whit huv ye bought noo? I'm sure you have a hunner and one things I've not seen you riding.

There is the argument that if you offer the real deal in terms of highland scenery then people will make the effort to get there.

For me in the deep south east (of Scotland:oops:) there is a fair difference in travelling time to the Trossachs than to Skye, but the difference is not that much bigger if you are coming from Norfolk. ;)

I still think the cairngorms is worth a look FWIW.

What about the hermitage area near dunkeld ,highland enough
And easy accessible ?
M90 -A9
Only an hour from the forth bridge , and catering available in dunkeld as per
The Bawbags run

Anyone know the route from Glasgow to loch Winnock[addressed at hawmaw really].

Ive a mate up there i havent seen for a good while so am visiting next week.
State of play would be for me to get the train there and back with the bike along to get to the station/mates house but i'd be getting back @11pm so dont fancy hanging about the city centre at that time of night.Its easier to ride home.
Plan would be to ride there then get the train home and ride from central to my house cutting out the dodgy wait in muggers paradise

Is there a route you or anyone knows of where theres a cycleway or track :?

Guys, when is Baltic baw bags ride usually in Jan? Is it towards end of month normally?

Wife wanting weekend away for Xmas prezzie but I want to make it to this year so telt her I have to check lol.

Cheers.

Two new cats and two new tyres for the Toyota MOT today at 900 fekkin quid :shock:

Just as well Homebase had a 15% off day for the 25 boxes of tiles :)

Ragin :cry:

Usually last weekend in Jan Keith, but a bit awkward what with end of the month of on the Thursday. It's TK's baby, so he should call it, but I reckon keep 26-27 free and 2-3 Feb just incase :) Get her telt!

up for the gorms, think they'll be rich riding for a two dayer for a reasonable but not huge travel (for most). definitely plenty of exploring in the dunkeld area to be had.

was thinking of doing that kintail/glenelg loop & a ride in skye in the spring, kinda a short 2-3 day weekender. I fancy riding the climber paths into the cuillins on the glenbrittle side. I been up and down these paths into the hills many times the paths are pretty bikeable as the gradient is pretty gradual. there will be a push sections, then the ride back out should be smile inducing to say the least

there's lots of paths here, including the forest tracks. would love to come up with a route round to loch coruisk to complete a loop right round the black cuillins.. it's defo there reckon it would require a carry up an easy scramble over a bealach http://binged.it/TzTgUn

Back