I can't arsed...am I a bad Ebayer?

I must admit recently I did ask an ebayer "how much does it weigh": I felt it was a valid question, it was a set of rigid forks and without any visiual clues to weight/quality before buying I wanted to know whether I was looking at something nice and lightweight or something minging...

I got asked when selling a hi-fi Amplifier ' is it electric' :shock: :LOL: :LOL: I didn't reply

Gotta say, if i'm bidding on anything other than a Kona i always get the seller to double check the measurements (if they've bothered to list them in the first place). Kona's can pretty easily be sized by eye, but i've not spent as long looking at other manufacturers to be able to tell with such acuracy (so assume the same is true of others with Konas). As said people measure up in funny ways and someone may say a frame is 19", which sounds like my size but unless the top tube is 23" it's gonna be too cramped for me.

Also if the seller is polite and honest enough to answer a genuine, simple question it gives me a bit more confidence when bidding.

Tallpaul":1dn3b33j said:
Gotta say, if i'm bidding on anything other than a Kona i always get the seller to double check the measurements (if they've bothered to list them in the first place). Kona's can pretty easily be sized by eye, but i've not spent as long looking at other manufacturers to be able to tell with such acuracy (so assume the same is true of others with Konas). As said people measure up in funny ways and someone may say a frame is 19", which sounds like my size but unless the top tube is 23" it's gonna be too cramped for me.

Also if the seller is polite and honest enough to answer a genuine, simple question it gives me a bit more confidence when bidding.

Yup fair enough...was having a bad day yesterday....comes with working in retail

'Do you sell miniatures?' Fore finger and thumb held in miniature size gap in case I'm not too sure what they are.
'Do you sell-insert some obscure fermented yaks milk liqueur that you had on holiday in Azerbaijan-or the like?'
NO
'Do you know where I can get some'
Azerbaijan
The list goes on and on :roll:

Harryburgundy":31nsmenn said:
Yup fair enough...was having a bad day yesterday....comes with working in retail

I'm constantly gratefull that my profession keeps me seperate from the general public :)

Tallpaul":1s5l6a1v said:
Harryburgundy":1s5l6a1v said:

I'm constantly gratefull that my profession keeps me seperate from the general public :)

Second that :D it's bad enough working in an office :(

tintin40":23aday9v said:
Tallpaul":23aday9v said:
Harryburgundy":23aday9v said:

Second that :D it's bad enough working in an office :(

I have to deal with Civil Servants all day!

(dives to hide :D )

Back