Ernie Clements Roadbike

Another thought. If your interest in Road Bikes evolves and you go on to own another frame - you allready have a great fixed/winter possibility.
The nearest you can get to man/machine harmony. No bosses, horizontal ends - spot on .

Attachments

• CH 1 web.jpg
    CH 1 web.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 2,787
I think I have found a reference to your bike http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bi ... ts-rb.html the author mentions a late falcon which was the Ernie Clements signature model.
It would explain all - modern looking transfers for EC. Not a mystery after all - it is what it says on the tin. I bet there aint many of them about either.
I feel good and it isn't even my bike. Anyway, Clements is such a great name with such amazing cycling success. Ernie Clements, Ron Kitching and Percy Stallard were three of the star line up for the 1946 TDF ( had it happened).

Attachments

• Ernie Clements Arbroath Pursuit 1947 web.jpg
    Ernie Clements Arbroath Pursuit 1947 web.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 2,773
Many thanks for that Timotheus, you seem to have come up trumps again. I have contacted the webmaster to see if he will put me in touch with Wheelnut, the owner of the EC in the article.
This is all a bit like researching your family tree....but much more interesting :D

I think the Falcon 'Ernie Clements' would still have had main 'Falcon' transfers with 'Ernie Clements' as secondary ones on the top tube. My opinion is that this frame is later, although it doesn't have recessed brake holes.

Bottom Bracket Identification Mark

The only stamped number on the underside of the BB is 0. Not sure where this leaves me in my quest to find out who made my frame?
20120701_183059.jpg
[/img]

Back