''War on Britains Roads''

NeilM":133pjzl8 said:
Ian Raleigh":133pjzl8 said:
One woman blurted out ''This is what we pay our council tax for'' - ''For cyclists to be in our way''

I don't understand these bizarre comments that people make.

There was a guy on a radio phone in, around the time Wiggo got knocked off, his comment was "They don't pay road tax (yawn) and they look weird cos they wear tight lycra". WTF is that all about?

Why don't these people just say what they really think 'I want this for myself and I don't want anyone else using it', that is in effect what that woman and the guy on the radio were saying.

We get the same crap when riding horses on the road, all the 'you don't pay road tax' and 'you should be on paths' what that really means is' this is MY road, get the fcuk off of it'.

Crazy crazy world :roll:
trouble is car drivers don't pay road tax, infact no one has paid road tax since they abolished it in 1938. that little round thing in the windscreen is a tax people pay for being able to operate a motor vehicle on a public road, that's why its called vehicle excise duty and based on the emissions the vehicle puts out not how much space it takes up on the road. ive never had anyone say I shouldn't be on the road because I don't pay taxes (I do) but im sure if I did and then tried to educate them regarding said facts they would not listen/believe me, a bit like rule 163? of the highway code :(
by the way I would welcome a bike tax, it might give us some legitimacy and ive lost count of how many numptys ive seen without lights wearing dark clothes, im no ctc beardie but fcuk me! some people are a hazard to themselves!

Cyclists on the road can be a pain in the arse. My particular pet hate is the ones who ride side by side, sometimes 3 abreast having a chat, not much you can do in a car except given them a warning beep, which usually meant being given the wanker sign.
So on my motorbike if I came across them doing it, I'd pass them then flick the kill switch off and on, producing a nice loud backfire and a medium sized flame :D sad really, I think it's just my deep rooted hatred of roadies ;)

d00m":34lwq7pa said:
Cyclists on the road can be a pain in the arse. My particular pet hate is the ones who ride side by side, sometimes 3 abreast having a chat, not much you can do in a car except given them a warning beep, which usually meant being given the wanker sign.
So on my motorbike if I came across them doing it, I'd pass them then flick the kill switch off and on, producing a nice loud backfire and a medium sized flame :D sad really, I think it's just my deep rooted hatred of roadies ;)
cyclists are entitled to ride 2 abreast chap, not 3 but 2 is in the book :D

It's not the legal aspect that concerns me, it's the consideration for other, busier people :D why go out on busy roads to talk bollocks? If you're able to natter, you're not putting the effort in, and if you want a chat, don't have it riding down a busy dual carriageway :) telling your mate you bought a new moisturising shaver for those roadie legs, or going on about some new lubricating groin cream made from goat snot and the tears of Armenian Widows is probably best saved for down the pub after a proper session of hill climbing and intervals, on quiet roads, single file ;)

I have been burning cyclists and drivers with none favoured on my pyre in the woods.

Let us hope understanding is near that a huge % of cyclists are also drivers, and some modern roads are no place for cyclists regardless of any legislation or driver behaviour change potential.

Back