Garage find - need help identifying this gem

TGR":1p33wkoo said:
IT'S HAMMER TIME .... i love that song - thanks Ian

I have checked the geometry and it seems non-standard - perhaps a custom team build for Le Tour. The details -
BB to seat pin - 26 cm
Top tube - 35 cm
Stand over height - 43 cm (varies)

I wonder if it is an old Cadel Evans frame - BMC repainted his frames and sold them.

Any ideas Retro people?

Seems likely to have been a time trial build judging by the MDT-style aero chainring. ;)

David

vivelesalpes":312sgxyj said:
Are you sure it's not a Colnago - the paintwork looks very art-decor to me !

( It needs some gum-wall tyres btw )

Colnago seems a good guess - weren't they one of the first off the mark with that style of straight-bladed fork back in the 90s? ;)

David

Here we go again, someone trying to con the unwary into believing it's a Colnago when it so obviously isn't. There's no way you would see mudguard eyes on a Colnago racing bike.

It's a resprayed Dawes Galaxy tourer - double eyes on the back FFS!

A London "fixie" (how I hate that word) special dogs dinner in fact.

Mark.

Chain is slack. Needs a 130mm -7 deg stem on it to slow down the steering.

Nice bash guard though which wouldn't look out of place on my Cervelo.

daccordimark":2fwfnmo4 said:
It's a resprayed Dawes Galaxy tourer - double eyes on the back FFS!

Theres no way this is a Dawes! You seen Dawes never made such a short rake fork! 'This' bike must be one responsive ride :cool:

Typically, the majority of "experts" on here are all barking up the wrong tree. There are very subtle clues that in fact it is not a road bike at all, so a 50th Anniversary Campag Gruppo will not be suitable nor period correct.

The extra tyre clearance and some rather aggressive tread on the tyres have been completely overlooked. After some extensive research, you are a very lucky owner of a Specialized prototype. The project was shelved initially in 1992, but then was dusted off almost 20 years later when Araldite introduced glueing guns and simple oven baked technology was borrowed from street potatoe sellers. You basically have a very retro and unique part of history found in the back of your garage towards the development of this: http://vimeo.com/25683059

Don't let anyone tell you any different!

After all that debate, we have a final answer ... thanks Woz.

I think i will break it up for parts!!

also, i'll get my coat (again) - my winter coat, cause i will be out a long time .......

Back