DMR Trailstar - from zero to hero....

Just won these on eBay too - short travel, right colour and close to 1997 ish. Took a chance as the description was bad but hopefully they will be packed ok and actually work.

null_zpse5ddc968.jpg

SEANSTEPHENS":2rk8o2vv said:
Those are my old forks, the picture came off my pinkbike profile :?

Yeah I've figured this out now (PM sent and now replied to - thanks for the help!!). Message sent to the seller via eBay.....

Rob Atkin":1nx6cvmn said:
SEANSTEPHENS":1nx6cvmn said:
Those are my old forks, the picture came off my pinkbike profile :?

Yeah I've figured this out now (PM sent and now replied to - thanks for the help!!). Message sent to the seller via eBay.....

No problem, and good luck hope you get it sorted ;)

Had a discussion with the seller and they sent me loads of photos, 12 in all. They confirmed there was only 1 1cm mark on a stantion and the pics show the rest. Nice seller, seems legitimate...... pics they sent make them look really good!

null_zps377528f4.jpg

Forks arrived yesterday. 80mm travel Marzocchi Z3 Lights - 1998 Vintage! Paint is good, all seems to work ok but one of the oil seals is shot so I've ordered a seal kit to fix them. One 1cm mark on the stantion but its not bad, just a little wet and dry on it to make it smooth (light cutting compound might be ok though, will try first).

Never had bolt on crown Bombers, wow they look chunky! A good polishing job will make them look fab.

null_zps7d25bbdf.jpg

null_zpsc36cfd05.jpg

Took the Marzocchis I have for the build apart - in remarkable condition, look new inside and oil was only slightly discoloured. Have new oil and dust seals as one had gone and new decals coming from Gil.

Started polishing the crown but ran out of polish.... :-(

null_zps885973b6.jpg

Dropouts are repaired! My friend has done a great job, you can't tell it's been done to be honest (apart from lack of paint obviously).

null_zpsff6d2cfd.jpg

I have taken to fork lowers to a place in Halifax who are going to bead blast them. I think I'll lacquer them to keep the finish looking new - picking up on Monday so hopefully they'll look good.

Back