Anyone use m780 V brakes?

BertR00t

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not sure on them any more as they look to have hacked a lot of bulk off em. Anyone used them? How are they as stoppers?

I've got M770s which are very similar, on my fast commuting bike. They date from 2008 or 9, so post "Parallel Push" type. They're absolutely fine, work as well as any other XT brake I've had :)

What he said ^^^.

I've got the M770's too, they work just like a sSHimano xt v-brake should, no nonsense. That's all really. :)

M770 here and they work well, of course pretty much the same as the M580, just take your pick on the colour you prefer (I have and use both)
I think both these look better than the M780 though. A bit less in your face, a bit less modern.

Can't really fault them and lighter than Parallel-push M739's (also have and the M950's)

Thanks guys. My old XTRs on the GT have siezed solid so need replacement. Ideally would like some XTRs but plenty of M780s about at reasonable prices.

BertR00t":g8wm856e said:
Thanks guys. My old XTRs on the GT have siezed solid so need replacement. Ideally would like some XTRs but plenty of M780s about at reasonable prices.

Want to sell them for not a lot ?

Got four lots in my toolbox and on the bike. Rust may have screwed them from living by the beach. Bike is going to be split now after a recent purchase so lots of goodies off it to be had.

Back