65cm reynolds 531c raleigh

balciaks

Old School Hero
after a very very long time i found what i was looking for, and i hope it will be good ride, not sure what component ill put on yet... but time will tell :)
hope you like it

P.S. any adias of its age and any history, bb number: wb5001026

regards

Attachments

• IMAG0415_BURST002.jpg
    IMAG0415_BURST002.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 901
  • IMAG0417_BURST002.jpg
    IMAG0417_BURST002.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 898
  • IMAG0421_BURST002.jpg
    IMAG0421_BURST002.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 898
  • IMAG0422.jpg
    IMAG0422.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 898
I recognise it as early 80's but not sure on model etc, looks familiar though.

Build wise I'd go for bright shiney components and chunky. Mavic group sprints to mind with the 631 Starfish cranks and accents of black running through the group. Mmm, nice :)

I love the 'shot in' stays on '80's Raleighs. The BB shows it's a 1985 build, also there looks to be the Reynolds 50 years sticker above the gear bosses which confirms this. I have seen that type of frame before, the Bulgier catalogue site will probably help ;)

Thanks for that :)
i think it had dura ace component before but not 100% sure.
i was reading a lot and alot about reynolds frames and my research suggests that 531c are one of the most comfortable and versatile road bike frames. Tried couple columbus st, slx then reynolds dynatech ti, 753, 531- but was not fully/ 100% there, so i hope this one will compleate me :)

Hi, looks identical to my Competition 12 from April 84. Mine had painted forks instead of the chrome that your's has. Sold mine on but just got it back for a refurb. Some lovely details on the frame and a lovely ride too.

GazK":rlisvekv said:
I'm doing a build with a similar 531c frame - a Gran Sport, albeit with an awful repaint job. You can follow / copy / violently disagree with my choices here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1740143#1740143

I'm going for lots of shiney and sleek components - dura ace drivetrain, and an eventual respray in dark red when funds allow.

very nice! I like your dura ace components alot, it looks clean and fresh

Nice looking frame.

I've just hammered some Dura-Ace 7410 (odd early 90s stuff, apparently high end) onto my Peugeot if you want to make the perilous trip over to Hove and have a look at the crank and rings

Hi

It is a 1995 competition 12 in Ambassador blue, are you sure on the size as the catalogue only lists it up to 62cm :?: Originally came with Suntour Cyclone II gears, SR GS chainset, and Weinmann 405 brakes. It sat 3rd in the 95' line just behind the Road Ace-Ex ;)

Back