Size comparison of famous sci-fi spaceships :-)

FairfaxPat":115wdoc0 said:
Back in the '80's we used to do a lot of moving work for George Lucas-we moved most of their props numerous times-found an old photo of myself and another guy in front of the Death Star-I also moved Yoda several times.

That has to be one of the best claims to fame ever!!! Oooooh i'm jealous.

Found two more-As you can see, the spaceships weren't that big. When I looked closely at them, I could see that they had used the guns from a bunch of Revel model kits of battleships and tanks-one of the techs. there at the time told me they bought a lot of the kits for the guns-the rest of it was mostly hand fabricated-the same guy told me they had 10,000 hours in the design and construction of the Death Star...

Attachments

• Pat + Yoda.jpg
    Pat + Yoda.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Mike, Pat, Fred.jpg
    Mike, Pat, Fred.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 274
FairfaxPat":oj98slrw said:
Found two more-As you can see, the spaceships weren't that big. When I looked closely at them, I could see that they had used the guns from a bunch of Revel model kits of battleships and tanks-one of the techs. there at the time told me they bought a lot of the kits for the guns-the rest of it was mostly hand fabricated-the same guy told me they had 10,000 hours in the design and construction of the Death Star...

Pat....Loving the title of the second photo :) Pat and Yoda...very nonchalant

twain":1qk8hg1c said:
Easy_Rider":1qk8hg1c said:
That's ace! But where is red dwarf?

thats pretty much the first one i tried looking for!

also, what about those vogon ships from HHGTTG?

TARDIS aside, it seems a bit light on content mainly familiar to UK audiences. No Gerry Anderson stuff either. Dear me.

David

stewlewis":3fgsb31m said:
I bet when they fly up to one another they're always in the same bloody horizontal plane too, surprised they aren't in front of a white garage door.

:D - i never thought of that :)

velomaniac":3fgsb31m said:
In regards to Vogon ships, it depends if you mean TV series ships or Film ships.

how big are the Vogon ships in the TV series then?

David B":3fgsb31m said:
No Gerry Anderson stuff either. Dear me.
David

missing at least 5 i can think of, but i guess only one of these was actually regarded as a spaceship - actually, it was more of a station. not sure it had any propulsion, just sat in orbit...

T'boo Ted":wmr59r9a said:
cool pics...

now where's the liberator? or the argo? or did i miss them?

You beat me to it Ted, I was about to mention the Liberator :)
My alltime favorite Sci Fi series :cool:

David B":3psiuqxo said:
No Gerry Anderson stuff either. Dear me.

They've got the Eagle from Space 1999 ;) Gerry & Sylvia's glorious farewell (I thought it was pretty awesome anyway)

Back