Show us what you did today, thread

kaiser":txkfjk06 said:
How you enjoying the Pugs clubby?

It's great. Was good to get it out on the beach for the first time.
Strange feeling in the woods, you have to turn it as you would a motorbike, with counter steering. Tyre pressure makes Abigail difference to how it handles. Low beach pressures give a bouncy ride on singletrack but huge grip, still trying to find a happy medium.

How's your build coming?

Sounds good, pressures seem to be super critical to how the bike behaves. I've mine earmarked for mostly tarmac > beach duties so a sweet spot will have to be found.

Build is coming along great, I've got the rims in from germany and have drilled one of them and will be drilling another tonight. Shed about 220g from the first one. I've also ordered my hubs, DMR 6 pawl and a single speed screw on as well. Soon as I get them I'll drop the stuff off at Big Al's, then all I need are a few other bits and tyres and should be good to go hopefully mid January.

Nae build thread Z, I have been posting stuff on a fat bike forum but not on here. As soon as I've got a rolling chassis I'll post some pics.

Klaus.You are totally mad on this weight saving business :LOL: Are you sure its safe to drill things out?

I finally got a pair of Orange supercross bars for the finishing touches to the P7 pure.Just need gold lock on grips and i think thats it :? Though that said i was thinking of upping the rear rotor from 160 to 183mm

8234994294_71f4fd5139_b.jpg

Drilled rims, 429g saving. :)

To prevent the pop I'll use a rim strip. Surly make one wide enough but even at that folks have been using all sorts, duct tape, ribbon, packing strips, anything really. The pressures are so low that the tube wullnae peek oot too far.

myrim2.jpg

7425.jpg

1349954167292-1wh5rxzlclbhp-670-75.jpg

January+X-mas11+026.JPG

Back