ProFlex 856 input encouraged!

Can't help looking at my bare brake hangers and feeling a little sad :( rear will bolt off but the front's riveted ... spotted these that I rather like, but then I have lever & shifter issues - m740 & SS5s don't really sit well together! :LOL:
P1010534.jpg

Think I've talked myself out of that, phew, back to working brakes!

heres a little preview of how this bike was originaly before it got the blues,

Attachments

• mybikes 001.JPG
    mybikes 001.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 491
  • mybikes 006.JPG
    mybikes 006.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 491
Like it :cool: Was very tempted with a classic red & yellow build on another frame (needs a shock & some work), but it's been done so well on here that I'm keen to do something a bit more subtle. Plus it's a lovely blue! Shame the swingarm's not still silver to match the forks though - that might be something for the long-term, once I've scuffed it up a bit... ;)

Desperately hoping for an early finish so I can get some cranks & wheels on it - get it looking like a bike!

What are the chances on a Friday...

elPedro666":6x2qob2g said:
Like it :cool: Was very tempted with a classic red & yellow build on another frame (needs a shock & some work), but it's been done so well on here that I'm keen to do something a bit more subtle. Plus it's a lovely blue! Shame the swingarm's not still silver to match the forks though - that might be something for the long-term, once I've scuffed it up a bit... ;)

Desperately hoping for an early finish so I can get some cranks & wheels on it - get it looking like a bike!

What are the chances on a Friday...

Swing arm i hear you say??? I just so happen to have said item, it was attatched to the rear mech hanger i sent you. Its clean, partially polished up and could be made available to you ;) nudge nudge wink wink.

watching this with interest Pete.

Thats a lovely colour frame and a bit different.

reminds me of my blue S.D.G Kevlar saddle on my mani fs.

I have some spare black On one cantilevers I could swap for something, if your interested fella.

:D

if you need a replacement swing arm polished pete give me a shout pal, ive just spent all morning polishing the project 2 up and im sending them for powder coat in the same finish as the frame but in red ;) should look good with the marin lite stem finished the same way and some new decals to finish.

'flex's are quite forgiving for a full sus frame, in terms of colour you throw at them. some anodising looks good as well.

no longer own this. wish i did :?

064.jpg

It's looking good, but I have to agree about the swingarm. I nearly bought this frame when I found it on Gumtree but the photos didn't do it justice and I didn't much like the blue swingarm. The frame is actually a really nice blue.

Mark2T, don't think I ever saw that one, looks very neat and clean for what I sometimes think is such a messy frame shape :cool:

Polished arm is probably something that can wait I think, see how things look when it's more bike-shaped, whether it balances or not. The idea of polishing a few things is starting to appeal more & more though, I just can't imagine when I'll have time to do it

That said, MarkP your polishing wheels may well be much appreciated at some point, thanks very much! That finish should look fantastic against the Marin, going to be a real beauty :cool:

Nick, thanks for the offer but I'm okay for cantis, still toying with the idea of Maguras too, if some crop up I might not resist...

Didn't get a good finish yesterday and mum-in-law just arrived for the weekend, but I might get a few minutes tomorrow to size things up a bit...

Wonder how long before I ask Jussa about that swingarm, pull the fork legs off for a polishing and get some more decals cut... :oops:
:LOL:

Back