Smart Tart

I think some do.

Pretty sure they don't.

But regardless, it would be nice of you to give a little more info, you must have some archive photos etc of those days surely...?
Don't think so.

There were some great details on these frames, like the headsets etc.

Well, just the headsets really. That was the clever bit.

A lot of people were going to frame builders like Dave Yates for frames (orange being another example)

I don't remember Orange doing anything with Yatesy?

How did your collaboration come to be....? How was it having a quality frame builder like Dave Yates building frames, say in comparison to what you are doing now with companies in the far east...?

Was that written in a deliberately sneery way suggesting that the Taiwanese aren't quality builders? Or am I just reading that into it?

Your Passion and entrepreneurial talent has stood you in good stead it seems..

I've no idea about that, but I like solving problems.

shedfire":3eyhbf0n said:
I think some do.

Pretty sure they don't.

But regardless, it would be nice of you to give a little more info, you must have some archive photos etc of those days surely...?
Don't think so.

There were some great details on these frames, like the headsets etc.

Well, just the headsets really. That was the clever bit.

A lot of people were going to frame builders like Dave Yates for frames (orange being another example)

I don't remember Orange doing anything with Yatesy?

How did your collaboration come to be....? How was it having a quality frame builder like Dave Yates building frames, say in comparison to what you are doing now with companies in the far east...?

Was that written in a deliberately sneery way suggesting that the Taiwanese aren't quality builders? Or am I just reading that into it?

Your Passion and entrepreneurial talent has stood you in good stead it seems..

I've no idea about that, but I like solving problems.

:?

Ok, i had just sent you a private PM, thanking you for posting. Im unsure why you thought my comment ref the far east as a sneer..... :? Not at all, i was interested to hear how the two differed, and merely asked a question.

The Tushingham Works replica and a few early Orange Formulas were built by Dave Yates also.

To reiterate my PM to you, if you did have any further pics info etc you could post, im sure im not the only one who would be interested to see it.

After all to my mind you were possibly the first to design a womans Specific Race bike here in the UK.

This in itself deserves an applause.

Respect.

Ok, i had just sent you a private PM, thanking you for posting.

yes, saw that. cheers.

Im unsure why you thought my comment ref the far east as a sneer..... Not at all, i was interested to hear how the two differed, and merely asked a question.

But it was the language used... And this being Retrobike...
How was it having a quality frame builder like Dave Yates building frames, say in comparison to what you are doing now with companies in the far east...?

The Tushingham Works replica and a few early Orange Formulas were built by Dave Yates also.

Oh that's right. Yes. I remember Lester riding one in the Nationals at Telford. Two Wheels Good/Horizon/Andy Morris made him some I think too. I think. Not sure.

To reiterate my PM to you, if you did have any further pics info etc you could post, im sure im not the only one who would be interested to see it.

I don't have any

After all to my mind you were possibly the first to design a womans Specific Race bike here in the UK.

I doubt it. Pretty sure Isla was doing something at Zinn before I did.

I think it is very cool. A puristic steel mountainbike aimed at the female rider specificly. I do have an article somewhere. Does anybody want I put it on the scanner?

shedfire":ui8sio5m said:
Ok, i had just sent you a private PM, thanking you for posting.

yes, saw that. cheers.

Im unsure why you thought my comment ref the far east as a sneer..... Not at all, i was interested to hear how the two differed, and merely asked a question.

But it was the language used... And this being Retrobike...
How was it having a quality frame builder like Dave Yates building frames, say in comparison to what you are doing now with companies in the far east...?

Oh that's right. Yes. I remember Lester riding one in the Nationals at Telford. Two Wheels Good/Horizon/Andy Morris made him some I think too. I think. Not sure.

I don't have any

I doubt it. Pretty sure Isla was doing something at Zinn before I did.

I am unsure about the Retrobike Comment, not all its members are uneducated idiots, that have no respect for the contributions people like yourself have made to the Uk mountain bike scene, whether that be with Uk mountain bike publications or as a frame designer.

And no i certainly have no issues with far east manufacturing. Far from it...perhaps i should have written Quality in front of the words Far east.

And i think you are actually quite a modest fella too, i dont think anyone can argue that Isla Rowntree was up there too with Zinn and then Isla bikes, but Smart Tart.....to my mind was just for women.

Elev12k":3bazg6xm said:
I think it is very cool. A puristic steel mountainbike aimed at the female rider specificly. I do have an article somewhere. Does anybody want I put it on the scanner?

Would love you too mate, thats what we need.....!

:cool:

When the OP posts "[I'd prefer this not to get all bitchy, so if you have details of his private life and ex-girl friends please DON'T bother sharing them here] " what am I meant to think ;-)

And i think you are actually quite a modest fella too, i dont think anyone can argue that Isla Rowntree was up there too with Zinn and then Isla bikes, but Smart Tart.....to my mind was just for women.

I don't know. The headset was essentially copied off the idea that Alpinestars did for the T24, but made by a bloke in Keighley to fit in a pipe that Dave found somewhere.

shedfire":38obafnx said:
When the OP posts "[I'd prefer this not to get all bitchy, so if you have details of his private life and ex-girl friends please DON'T bother sharing them here] " what am I meant to think ;-)

I don't know. The headset was essentially copied off the idea that Alpinestars did for the T24, but made by a bloke in Keighley to fit in a pipe that Dave found somewhere.

I dont know mate, im guessing you have taken some shit some where.

Well some of us are genuinely interested in the bikes, your bikes, your designs and your experiences along the way, and not your girlfriends and love life, ill leave all that nonsense to the shed tinkerers and gossip girls.

Its the bikes most of us are interested in.

Shall we start a fresh....? As for the Alpinstars T24, it may well have been used before (as history has proven with most things ) but you my friend had the forsight to to utilise the idea and incorporate it into your design.

Good effort i think.

:cool:

Back